On this World Population Day, tell us what effect population growth has on health. Read how the population increase has affected our health.
World Population Day 2019: Population growth is one of the fastest growth rates recorded. The irony, however, is that this growth can not be considered positive as it brings with it some of the most serious issues that need to be addressed. In a country like India, where the population is growing and the administrative and capacity of certain departments at stake, population growth is definitely a curse.
People are aware of the extremities that they affect due to population growth. But less did they think that our health would be affected. Looking back, let's review some of the factors that cause a negative health impact from overpopulation.
Read also: Amarnath Yatra 201
- We all know that our environment is getting worse and worse as a result of population growth. However, this erosion of the environment not only leads to a shortage of our natural resources, but also has a profound effect on our health. More the population, more is the overcrowding, more influx of traffic on the road, more emission of harmful gases, which leads to environmental degradation. This degradation leads to numerous airborne diseases that have a significant impact on our health.
- We learned in schools that the ozone layer is a protective layer that protects us from harmful UV rays. That does not happen anymore. Due to the increased level of pollution (which in turn is due to population growth), the ozone layer began to degrade and is now due to health problems such as skin cancer, premature aging, cataracts and blindness.
- Water resources are being abused to a considerable extent. Population growth is one of the causes of water degradation. This polluted and polluted water is used by some again, which leads to the death of many people every year. The existing viruses make the water unsafe for further use.
- Undoubtedly, the population is increasing every second, but at the same time health facilities are not growing, leading to a lack of adequate emergency medical assistance.
So it is the order of the day to spread the misgivings that create a sense of understanding that helps us alleviate the current ongoing problems.
- Awareness of family planning
- Birth control
- The education of the population about overpopulation
- which provides universal access to contraception
and the study of problems they face is the Ensuring the security of the world. The term overpopulation would have been sufficient if the measures to combat the consequences had been justified. But since this is not the case, it is our responsibility to counter this vicious circle of population growth for our existence. The preservation of nature is very important for the future generation to survive. One of the major problems facing the world today is overpopulation which needs serious attention, otherwise there is nothing to live for.
(Contributed by Dr. Riyas AK, Kairali Ayurvedic Group)
Other articles on other diseases
Written by Tavishi Dogra
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team July 10, 2019