If you're struggling to gain weight, it can be overwhelming to eat enough to see the scales rise. It's tempting to just eat junk food or fast food to increase calories, but you have better options. Before heading to the drive-thru, you should work together to consume more of these special muscle-building foods, all of which are nutritious and high in calories.
Add the list below to the store. Then put them in the food plan below and see if the scale helps to move in the right direction. Sure, you could get the same nutrients by simply drinking one gallon of milk daily, but if you mix up your diet, you'll get a wider range of nutrients ̵
- Oily fish such as salmon and sardines
- Red meat
- Chicken and turkey with dark meat (thighs, drumsticks)
- Protein powder and bars  Homemade protein treats
- Whole eggs
- Nuts and nut butters
- Avocados and avocado oil
- Olives and olive oil
- Coconut, coconut milk and coconut oil  -fat milk, Butter and cheese
- Fresh and dried fruits
- Starchy vegetables such as carrots and peas
- Potatoes and sweet potatoes
- Wholemeal bread, bagels and pasta
- Grape mix  Here is an example of a daily meal from registered diets n Douglas Kalman, Ph.D.
Weight gain plan
- 7.30 or 8.00 am: 3-4 eggs, 2 slices of whole wheat toast with nut butter, fruit bowl, glass
- 11.00 am: Grilled chicken breast or thigh, broccoli, a cup or more brown rice with olive oil and nuts
- 15.00: A pair of taller handfuls of nuts plus some dried fruit or cereal
- 6:00 pm: Protein Shake after the Training (if you train at night)
- 19:00: Flank steak, sweet potatoes or cereals, large salad with avocado
- 22.00 hours: yoghurt, cottage cheese or casein protein, mixed with nut butter
Weight Gain Shakes
At some point, cooking and eating all of this food can feel like a chore. Shakes come into play here.
Shakes for weight gain are high calorie drinks or smoothies that allow you to quickly absorb a lot of calories along with protein and other macros. Use them as a quick but substantial meal replacement when traveling, drink them with meals for extra calories, or make a snack before going to bed.
There are two basic ways to reach winners: you can buy a bulk. Winner supplement or make your own. Both have advantages. Making your own foods with real foods will give you more micronutrients, but the muscle gainer powders are definitely handy. Even if you are mainly planning crafting, a powder for those times is ideal, but it is not practical to break the mixer. Have one of our best muscle building protein powders ready for these situations.
How To Make Your Own Weight-Loss Shakes
Start with protein powder and add extra calories in every way. Be creative! Choose at least one ingredient from each category and mix until smooth.
- Protein: whey protein powder, vegetable protein powder, mass-gainer powder, Greek yogurt, silk tofu
- Carbs: Fruit, honey, molasses, oats, sweet potatoes (serious!)
- Fats: nut butter, coconut oil, tahini, avocado, avocado oil
- milk, cream, almond milk, soy milk, coconut milk, coconut water, fruit juice
6 Monster Weight Gain Shake Recipes
To help get you started, here are six monster shakes that honor your huge profits, from registered nutritionists and competitive powerlifters Paul Salter, MS, RD. Three of them are perfect for drinking whenever you need calories, and the other three are great for the time after exercise, when your muscles are screaming for fuel.