Joe Robbins / Getty
Joe Robbins / Getty
Ohio State Buckeye football coach Urban Meyer will officially announce his resignation at a press conference today. Meyer, who has won three national championships as head coach, will hand over control to offensive coordinator Ryan Day, a Yahoo! Sports. Meyer's final takes place on New Year's Day in the Rose Bowl against the Washington Huskies.
There are no specific reasons for his resignation until Meyer gives further details at his press conference, though some have suggested medical history as a possible reason. Whatever Meyer's reason is ̵
Internet, do the worst:
Urban Meyer today at the press conference !!! pic.twitter.com/6nHJGkpou8
– JR Davis (@ jrdavis012) December 4, 2018
As Ohio State now looks at Urban Meyer pic.twitter.com / lCCODgwGwl
– Josiah Johnson (@ KingJosiah54) December 4, 2018
Urban Meyer currently pic.twitter.com/oh08hTGXPR
– Drunk Matt Prater (@DrunkMattyP) December 4, 2018  Urban Meyer after the first year of Scott Frost in the B1G pic.twitter.com/LHFP7KWLNr
– Husk Guys (@HuskGuys) December 4, 2018
] I'm getting pretty It is amazing how Urban Meyer recovers after another year at ESPN and is mentally ready to take over the head job at USC.
– Hugh Kellenberger (@KellenbergerCBB) 4 December 2018
Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh was also burned for failing to beat rival Ohio State since he became head coach.
How close have you ever been to beating Urban Meyer, Jim? pic.twitter.com/QjfdyyFusn
– McNeil (@ Reflog_18) December 4, 2018
"Urban Meyer Retires as Ohio Head Coach"
Jim Harbaugh: ] pic.twitter.com/zyfB0Ff1pw
– Most Football (@MostlyFBShow) December 4, 2018
* Michigan fan wakes up *
* reviews Twitter *  * Reviewed Twitter *
is retired » pic.twitter.com/gPKdmoqt24
– Shooter McGavin (@ShooterMcGavin_) December 4, 2018
" Urban Meyer has just quit again "
Jim Harbaugh: pic.twitter.com/FWkBsn9d6w
– (@big__bam) December 4, 2018
Urban Meyer:" I'm going in after this season Pensions "
Jim Harbaugh: ] pic.twitter.com/s0m58Tn9Bg
– 6 & 7; ElevenInches 3 (@ LebandzJames3) 4 December 2018  If I were Jim Harbaugh, it would be my ass to be 0. 4 vs. Urban Meyer and now never have a chance to top the top.
– Ken Carman (1945) 4 December 2018