When I was confronted with the task of creating a delicious, low-calorie parfait recipe, my mind immediately went to "Shrek." I note that this film has very little to do with exercise, lifestyle, or even healthy eating, except for a fitting quotation from Donkey:
Parfait must be the most delicious thing on the whole damned planet.
And in fact he is right. Parfaits are delicious and, if properly assembled, can be nutritious.
Vanilla Blueberry Yogurt Parfait
- 1/4 cup cooked steel sliced oat
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 Cup of vanilla muesli
- 1/4 cup roasted blueberries (on aluminum foil lined baking sheet at 350 ° F for 10-15 min or until bursting)
- 1/8 cup unsweetened, grated coconut
- Optional : Hemp or Chia Seeds for Extra Pep
Ingredients to be combined according to a coating method: (1) Steel cut Oats (2) Yogurt (3) Muesli (4) Blueberries and coconut
Nutrition facts: 323 total calories, 9 g total fat (5 g saturated fat), 53 g carbohydrates (5 g fiber, 19 g sugar), 11 g protein