These muffins contain 17 grams of protein each. You can not only fit them into your daily macros, but also a lot of benefits. Feel free to skip the recipe … or check out what makes these muffins a powerhouse for nutrition.
Lemon Peel Power
People only think of the juicy portion of the lemon, but the shell contains a buttock of nutrition. It contains a lot of vitamin C and calcium as well as a high proportion of citrus bioflavonoids, which can help fight oxidative stress. Lemon peels also lower cholesterol, and their pectin content promotes fat loss.
A Blueberry Bonus
Wild blueberries have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds and are considered adaptogens. Research has even linked the consumption of wild blueberries with the prevention of various diseases such as high blood pressure.
- 1 whole lemon peel (see note below)
- 1-1 / 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 3/4 cup of Splenda (kind to sugar equal to baking, cup for cup)
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 cup vanilla Metabolic Drive® Protein
- 1/2 cup Organic Lemon Juice
Note: You Need a Lemon Peel If you do not have one, you can use the so-called "Microplane" to season the lemon zest. If you do not have one, just use the side of the cheese grater with the smaller holes.
- The oven is preheated to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and spray sprayed with 16 muffin cups while cooking. Then put it in your baking pan and set it aside.
- Get your lemon peel ready. Turn off a bowl to collect the sharpness. Then scrape off the yellow part of the bowl with the lemon scraper. If you are using a microplanner or a cheese grater, rub the lemon in one direction (against the sharp edges of the holes). You just want to collect the yellow part, so turn the lemon and let the bowl fall into the bowl.
- Combine Flour, Baking Powder, Cinnamon, Splenda, Lemon Peel and Metabolic Drive Protein.
- Combine unsweetened apple sauce, egg whites, vanilla extract, wild blueberries and lemon juice in a separate bowl.
- Combine both cups and mix well.
- Sprinkle the dough evenly into your lined muffin tin. Fill the cups almost up to the top.
- Bake and eat for 20 minutes.
Nutrition facts per muffin
- Calories: 144
- Protein: 17 grams  Fats: 1,4 grams
- Carbohydrates (net): 10 Grams
Make These Mind Blowing Protein Brownies
This marble cake will blow you away