The Most Malignant Fruit
If you think of cranberries, you probably imagine the can material. You can even hear her "fly" as she emerges from the can in a solid cylindrical block. Canned cranberries are so sad and sweet-and-sweet that you would probably rather eat a proper dessert instead of carving into the canned sugar stone.
The big question is, who put cranberries in a sauce? Sure, you could do it from scratch, but why is Sauce your only gig? And why do they have to be high-calorie or carbohydrate-rich foods?
Fresh or frozen cranberries have only 46 calories per cup. (Per cup!) And they only have 12 carbohydrates per cup, 4 of which are fiber. So there's no reason to turn them into a poisoning bomb. As a bonus, cranberries are full of polyphenols. Admittedly, they are extremely bitter to the palates of most people, so you need to soften that with some sweetness, but once sweetened, they can go into almost any dessert. So, let's bake some cookies.
- 1 bag of fresh cranberries
- 1 scoop (30 g) Metabolic Drive® protein, vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 / 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
- Cook the cranberries. Bring 1 cup of water on the stove to a boil. Add the cranberries and bring the water back to a boil. Once it boils, turn down the heat and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let the cranberries cool off. Place in a mixing bowl and allow to cool in the fridge or at room temperature. This is important. Do not add other ingredients to hot cranberries.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the stuff. Add coconut flour, protein powder, salt and baking soda. When these are mixed together, add the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spoon the dough and form 11 medium-sized biscuits. I do not recommend forming the cookies with your fingers. So use a cookie spoon or spoon and try to make it uniform in size.
- Crack them in the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes … or until the tops are slightly golden brown. The cooking time depends on the size of the cookies, your oven and your height. Check after 15 minutes and let it bake longer if necessary.
Without optional walnuts and chocolate chips:
- Calories per cookie: 69
- Carbohydrates: 9 grams (3 from fiber)
- Protein: 6 Grams
- Fat: 1 gram
Make this High-Protein Cheesecake Cookies
This Flourless Chocolate Protein Cake is made with bananas