Metabolic Drive® Cinnamon Rolls
Who does not love cinnamon buns? Probably psychopaths and communists. After all, only people of this sort do not love this sticky center, with the perfect amount of sweetness exploding with cinnamon. Count me in. Not with psychopaths and communists. With the cinnamon buns.
However, there is a problem. They are traditionally filled with sugar and a lot of fat, and for calorie-conscious non-psychopaths, they are only acceptable on "cheat days".
Until now. These have no added sugar and are almost fat-free. And each piece contains 6 grams of protein with only 12 grams of net carbs. If you are thinking about cutting sugar and fat, think that you are cutting the taste off. But these are so good that they turn out to be wrong.
- 1 cup of lukewarm unsweetened vanilla-almond milk
- 1/3 cup of lukewarm water
- 1 packet of instant yeast
- 1/3 cup of Splenda (the type of baking sugar equal, cup by cup)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2-1 / 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 scoop (30 g)) Metabolic Drive® protein, vanilla
- 1 teaspoon sea salt [19659015TheFilling
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bring a baking pan with 9×9 to a boil.
- Combine almond milk, water, instant yeast, splenda, coconut flour, all-purpose flour, protein powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix with an electric mixer or just use your hands until a smooth dough forms. Make a ball out of your dough and set it aside.
- Mix apple sauce, cinnamon, egg white, sweetener and maple syrup in a separate bowl. Thoroughly mix Set it aside and return to your dough.
- Cut your dough into four quarters and roll it out one at a time – as flat as you can get it with a rolling pin (sprinkle some flour on your counter and on your rolling pin) to avoid sticking.)
- When the dough is rolled out, spread the filling evenly over your 4 rolled dough pieces.
- Now that your fill is on, gently roll each piece up with your hands. When they are rolled, cut them into 1 inch pieces with a sharp knife.
- Place each piece in your casserole dish. If you still have extra stuffing in the bowl, brush it on your buns. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Start making your glaze when your rolls are in the oven. Mix cream cheese, almond milk, protein powder and sweetener in a small bowl. Mix it together and put it in a piping bag.
If you do not have one, use a plastic sandwich bag as a temporary piping bag. Just cut a hole in a corner, fill it with frosting and push it out of this hole. It's not perfect, but it works. Or spread your frosting evenly with a spoon on it.
- When your cinnamon rolls are ready, remove them from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle on it, cut into 25 pieces and enjoy
nutrition facts (apiece)
- calories: 93
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 1g  Net Carbohydrates: 12g
Make Double Chocolate Protein Muffins
Make these Mind Blowing Protein Brownies