As SELF editors, we spend a lot of time trying out the latest, coolest fitness products and equipment. This year, our annual fitness and equipment awards focus on seven core categories – from sports bras and leggings to sneakers and trackers – to provide readers with the best new equipment available. To identify our winners, we will address our editors and our network of respected athletes and coaches to rigorously test each item across different types of training, keeping track of key factors such as performance, fit, comfort and style.
Below is a list of our equipment categories for 2019, followed by submission guidelines. Please read each section carefully before you begin submitting a product.
Healthy Fitness Awards Categories 2019
Sports Bras: Including low-impact, medium-impact and powerful products in all cup sizes; Plus Longline Bras and Crop Tops
Leggings: Including yoga leggings, HIIT, Barre, cycling (indoor and outdoor), high waist, cold weather, compression, recovery, outdoor / hiking; including running shorts, joggers and bodysuits
Shorts: Includes running shorts, shorts (volleyball shorts), football shorts (or other longer styles) and skorts
Sneakers: Including shoes for running (Stability, Neutral, Minimal / Racing), Studio, CrossFit, Cycling, Walking, Weightlifting, All-Day / Recreation and Trail
Tops: Includes tank tops, technical t-shirts and long-sleeved jackets and all-weather jackets
Fitness Technique: Including GPS Smart Watches, Daily Activity Tracker, Sleep Tracker, Swim Tracker, Running Watches and Headphones.
Fitness accessories: Including water bottles, sports bags and rucksacks, commuter / bicycle bags, running rucksacks, yoga mats and hot yoga towels
Editors note: This list may change. We can add or remove categories.
- Products must be new and published after October 1, 2018, and available nationwide by September 30, 2019.
- For apparel, each item submitted must be available in all sizes up to XL and preferably also in extended sizes.
- To submit a product, email the product name along with leaflets or press releases to firstname.lastname@example.org . If necessary, please specify size range.
- Please do NOT send samples. If we want to test your product, we will contact you to request samples. Please note that tested products can not be returned.
- Product submissions are due by Friday, August 9, 2019.
Any questions? Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject "Fitness Awards". We will contact you immediately. Thank you and good luck!