When you work on your six-pack, maximize your work capacity by turning your downtime into an opportunity to improve your core. While watching TV, take your butt off the couch – and then use the same piece of furniture as a tool to burn yourself through a killer.
Coach Charlee Atkins, C.S.C.S., breaks off her time at home with this simple routine and orders her clients to do the same. You can do the same – imagine the challenge as a little homework of your fitness teacher.
"I encourage my clients to add an extra 5 minutes of abdominal exercises to their daily lives," says Atkins. "The trick is to pick five abdominal exercises and complete each one for 1 minute without a break."
To try the train, all you need is a couch or chair and some space to spread out.
- Lie flat on the floor and stretch your legs to the ceiling.
- Stay behind your head and reach under the couch or chair.
- Lift the hips with the lower abdominal muscles and start with the scissors your legs as if you were running on air.
- Lower your feet gradually until they are about 5 cm from the ground.
- Scissor your feet up to the ceiling.
- At the top of the movement, raise your hips (reverse crunch style) before lowering yourself again.
Atkins recommends adding a routine of exercises such as abdominal or abdominal tumesps to end her five-minute challenge at home. If you just want to try the train yourself, hit the couch for five minutes and rest only as needed.
This move is especially effective as it uses your daily environment to change your workout and your midsection can always use the extra attention. "We could talk about why a strong core is so important, but let's call a spade a spade," says Atkins. "We love good sin."
If you like the sound, look at other exercises by Charlee Atkins.