Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Advertising – read below
fresh shitake mushrooms
chopped fresh ginger
Red boat fish sauce
Boneless beef tenderloin
fresh thai basil leaves (optional)
fresh coriander (optional)
green jalapenos sliced (optional)
green onions (optional)
- In a large saucepan Heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook with stirring until it softens, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook with stirring for about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger and stir with stirring for about 30 seconds until the scent smells. Add broth, coconut aminos, fish sauce and salt.
- Bring to a boil; Reduce the heat to medium and cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the courgettes lengthwise into long, thin strands with a spiral cutter or julienne peeler (or use an ordinary vegetable peeler to cut the length of zucchini into thin strips).
- Add the zucchini noodles to the boiling soup and cook until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced steak and cook for 30 to 60 seconds until cooked. Soak the soup in bowls and serve with the toppings of your choice.
TIP: Freeze the steak for 15 minutes to facilitate slicing.
Excerpts from THE WHOLE30 COOKBOOK © 2016 by Melissa Hartwig. Reproduced with permission from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
. Advertising – read below