Given the complexity of the joint, it can be difficult to train the shoulders in isolation. However, this does not mean that you have to put your upper body workout days completely on vanilla to stay healthy. With intelligent programming you can build 3D deltoids without much worries.
Men's Health Fitness Director Ebenezer Samuel, C.S.C.S. Use this shoulder finisher to rock its deltas and its core while focusing on safety. "In general, you should not have to shoulder your shoulders too much with isolation movements," says Samuel. "Especially when you do bench presses, your fronts will be a lot of stress, and the last thing you want to do for the long-term health of your shoulders is to overstretch and push them forward, which is an invitation to trouble with shoulder impact. "
Instead of pursuing your bench with stronger shoulder-specific exercises on your next chest or upper body day, end your workout with this routine.
To perform the L-to-Lateral Raise Finisher, you will need an incline bench and a pair of lightweight dumbbells. Do not go too hard here. Samuel recommends using only weights of 1
- Sit on the incline bench with your chest against the pad and hold the dumbbells in each hand
- Perform an L-raise by lifting your right arm straight in front of your chest while lifting your left arm sideways.
- Repeat the L-Raise, then hold up to create tension.
- After 2 reps, swap your arms so that your left is forward and to the right, and repeat the cycle to count the second iteration.
- After both repetitions, perform two standard reps for the side elevation  By becoming light and focusing on your shape, you can affect every part of your shoulder. "You hit the lateral head with these side elevations, get a little bit of front shoulder work and yo thanks to the butt The bank's rear end gets hit harder by the side elevations than you expect, "says Samuel.
But your shoulders will not be the only muscle group that makes an effort. Due to the unbalanced L position, you also train your core as you strive to keep your arms calm and level.
At the end of your upper body workout, add the L-to-Lateral Raise Finisher with 3 sets of 3 to 4 clusters. You can find more tips and routines from Samuel in our complete Eb and Swole workouts. If you want to try a more engaging routine, consider the Ebs New Rules of Muscle program.