- 3 tablespoons plus 1
- 1 onion, finely chopped  Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head of cauliflower (2 1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch florets
- 2 tablespoons of pine nuts
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated or crushed horseradish
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 lemon
- deep frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until the edges are translucent, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and pine nuts and stir until a uniform layer is formed, about 1 minute. Add the almond milk, 1/2 cup water and a large pinch of salt. Increase the heat, bring to a boil, cover and reduce the heat to a medium level. Simmer with occasional stirring until the cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the salmon with salt and pepper. Heat the remaining teaspoon oil in a large cast iron or other heavy pan. Add the salmon and cook until the ground is browned, about 5 minutes. Carefully turn and cook until the other side is brown and the outside is opaque (about 3 minutes). The center is medium rare.
- Puree the cauliflower mixture in a blender until smooth. Add the horseradish and a generous pinch of salt and pepper; Puree to mix. Season with salt.
- Spread the cauliflower purée on 4 plates and cover with the salmon. Sprinkle the dill on the salmon and add the lemon directly to it. Cut the lemon into pieces and place one on each plate for squeezing. Drizzle with oil and serve immediately.