Don Saladino / Men's Health Composite
Sometimes you have serious Burdens that can be very different, like the responsibilities you face at work and at home – but for superheroes, these are the biggest physical challenges, as they have to use their powers to owe something o to fight against a villain to save the day.  To be able to absorb these physically demanding loads, you need full physical strength. You can build it using exercises such as Landmine Split Stance Press, which gives you the ability to work on your upper and lower body in an intelligent and safe manner. Men's Health Advisor and trainer Don Saladino, who coached Ryan Reynolds and Sebastian Stan on their superhero bodies for Hollywood blockbusters, loves the move because of its multiple benefits.
"The Landmine Split Stance press is a great way to isometrically machine the lower body and core while focusing on developing the power of the shoulders and triceps," says Saladino.
You will need a barbell and a landmine base to move. If your gym does not have room for landmine exercises, try this option from Yes4All – or place one end of the barbell in the corner of the room and use a towel to protect the wall paint.
- Setting up the dumbbell in the mine base with moderate strain.
- Hold the end of the dumbbell with one hand at chest height. Extend your opposite arm as a counterweight.
- Kick back on the side of your body and hold the weight in a position with your knee bent just above the ground. Hold this position and squeeze your core to keep the spine straight.
- Push the weight up and hold the body position. If it helps to keep your base stable, make a fist with your sidehand while pushing up.
- After you finish the assigned repeats, switch sides.
To add the Landmine Split Stance Press to your workout, try 3 sets of 8 reps on each side. Start with a light weight – you'll be amazed how much posture the posture demands. For more superhero bodybuilding moves, check out all Superhero Fit workouts or Saladino's entire program.