- 1 oz rose petals
- A pinch of beetroot powder
- 1/2 oz hot water
- 1/2 oz rose water
- 6 oz Rose concentrate
- 2 ounces of milk (optional)
- sweetener (like brown plain syrup)
How to Make Rose Concentrate
- Bring 1 liter of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat, add 1 ounce of rose petals and stir well to dip. Leave for 5 minutes and stir 2 to 3 times. In the meantime, mix a pinch of beetroot powder with 1/2 ounce of hot water and stir until dissolved. Strain petals. While the water is still hot, mix the beetroot liquid and 1/2 ounce of rosewater. Allow to cool before use.
For the preparation of latte
- Combine 6 ounces of rose concentrate, 2 ounces of milk (of your choice) and sweeteners (such as brown plain syrup) to taste in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until hot (but not boiling), stirring often. Remove from the heat and frothy with an immersion blender. Pour into a cup. Garnish with rose petals on one side.
- Recipe from Ashley Jaffe, a co-founder of Blank Slate Tea in New York City.