Cancer patients must be treated regularly and with additional attention during the pandemic situation. Patients and caregivers must be particularly careful.
Since we all know that COVID-19 is the novel coronavirus infection that started in the last month of 2019 and has now been declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization. Bats are the natural hosts of this virus. However, recent studies in the journal Nature Medicine have shown that this virus's journey to humans has been facilitated by its transmission through scaly anteaters or pangolins. The virus has changed its character (mutated) over time to adapt and evolve.
- In such a situation, cancer patients receiving radiotherapy (time-bound) must be treated and continued treatment.
- Because stopping treatment is not an option. To prevent COVID-19 infection and to stop its transmission to this patient group, the entire COVID-19 infection must be prevented.
Also read: Caution! These everyday activities can cause cancer
- The world has registered bubonic plague and pandemic influenza in earlier centuries.
- The difference now lies in the availability of digital tools that spread the knowledge around the world in just a few hours.
- This tool may be used to learn and apply behaviors that reduce COVID-19 infection and mortality, and can continue to help our patients where and when they need medical care.
- The digital world has given us a new awareness of offering our students distance learning through video conferencing and telemedicine and advising patients on the comfort of their home.
Read more articles on cancer
All possible measures have been taken to ensure the accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information. However, onlymyhealth.com assumes no liability for this. The use of the information provided on the website is solely at the discretion of the viewers. In the event of medical need / persistent health problems, we recommend that you see a qualified doctor before using any advice / tips from our team or a third party in the form of answers / comments on the above website. ]