- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 19659006] 1 Blood Orange
- 2 Tablespoon of juice from orange
- 1/2 pound softened unsalted butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- raspberry jam
- whisk 1 1/4 cup white wholemeal flour, 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour and 1 / 2 teaspoons of salt in a medium bowl. Put 3/4 cup of sugar in a large bowl. Add 1 blood orange to the sugar. Squeeze 2 tablespoons of juice from the orange and reserve. Beat the sugar mixture with an electric mixer at low speed until the sugar is sandy and orange. Beat in ½ pound of soft, unsalted butter, then slowly increase the speed to medium high and beat until creamy and smooth. Set the speed to medium and beat in 1 large egg yolk and then the reserved orange juice until mixed. Set the speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture until the flour marks disappear. Turn out the dough and shape into a 1 inch thick slice. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Lay out three large baking sheets with parchment. Roll the dough 1/8 inch thick on a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin. Cut out the hearts with a 2 1/2 inch heart cutter. Transferred to cookie sheets.
- Freeze the cookies until they are firm. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the leaves one at a time until the biscuits are golden brown for about 12 minutes. Cool completely Distribute half of the biscuits with raspberry jam. Top with the remaining halves.
- Genevieve Ko's recipe. Raspberry Jam Sandwich Biscuit Recipe is taken from Better Baking c 2016 Genevieve Ko. Reproduced with permission from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.