Here is a complete guide to P.V. Sindhu's fitness and nutrition plan will surprise you.
Pusarla Venkata Sindhu or P.V.Sindhu is one of the most popular shuttlers in India. She won the silver medal at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, becoming the first Indian to win an Olympic silver medal.
Sindhu was born on July 5, 1995 in Hyderabad and completed her first badminton stint when she was 8 years old. She trained with coach Pullela Gopichand and later joined his academy. Both parents are volleyball players, but it was badminton that would lead Sindhu to new heights.
Also read: Sonam Kapoor's Training, Nutrition and Fitness: How Sonam Takes Down Despite Diabetes [1
p.v. Sindhu Fitness
Read Also: Kiara Advanis Fitness Workout Regimen, Diet Secrets and Skin Care Routine
- The medals and the glory are not cheap. PV Sindhu works hard to train and build fitness levels to help her work consistently.
- Your day starts at 3:30 and lasts 6 to 8 hours a day.
- To build endurance and strength, she trains every day in combination. This includes two to three 400m runs per day and two and a half kilometers runs every other day. Trust Sindhu to cross the borders and she peps up her training every now and then with a 10km run.
- p.v. Sindhu regularly does 100 pushups and 200 sit-ups. That's a total of 600 pushups and 2400 abdominal exercises in a week to activate your core and abdominal muscles.
- If you thought that was enough, you clearly have no idea! Sindhu combines all these exercises with yoga, pranayama, kapalabhati and swimming.
- Your first training session starts at 4:30 am and lasts until 7:00 pm with your trainer. It's not uncommon for Sindhu and her coach to be immersed in a thousand shuttle battles in a single session.
- A well-earned breakfast break begins at 7:00.
- Your next session starts at 8:00 am and continues for a few hours.
- The practice time is around noon and often as extensive as a real match.
- In the evening, Sindhu trains for about 2 hours in the gym.
The Plate Of P.V. Sindhu
- Sindhu focuses primarily on balancing carbohydrates and proteins in their diet. With a lot of water!
- Milk, eggs and fruit are a staple food for Sindhu.
- For lunch she enjoys meat with some vegetables and rice.
- Even during their training sessions, Sindhu always keeps a small bowl of fruit, a few dried nuts and a bottle of juice in their sports gear.
- The no-carb approach is for dinner, and Sindhu eats grilled meats and vegetables.
- You have a completely different diet table.
- If you thought Sindhu would have a hard time, she'll enjoy a cheating day in a month or two to quench any cravings.
PV Sindhu is an inspiration for lakhs across the country and around the world. Her talent and hard work have made her a force to be reckoned with – in and out of court.
Read More Articles on Fitness Exercises
Written by: Onlymyhealth Staff Writer
Source: Onlymyhealth Editorial Team 04th July 2019