- The swine flu hit 617 people in Delhi
- The spread has created a panic situation in the state
- Know the ways to prevent it Get Away From The Flu
The swine flu epidemic has now hit more than 600 people in Delhi. The Department of Health has directed all hospitals to provide a constant supply of medicines and medical supplies necessary to combat the spread. A country-level meeting was organized to discuss the measures needed to control the current situation.
"The collection and compilation of confirmed cases of swine flu from various reporting units and laboratories with a full daily listing is done by the state A summary report is shared with the districts for timely surveillance and prevention activities," said one official.
The death toll from swine flu has now exceeded 160, while 4,571 positive cases have been reported. The peak was reported by Rajasthan, which accounted for over 40 percent of the cases, followed by Gujarat. Delhi reported the third highest numbers infected with the H1N1 virus.
Also read: Top 5 Precautionary Measures against Swine Flu
As the numbers rise enormously, the Department of Health has called on the states to strengthen the systems and work on the early detection of the flu. The central government has also asked hospitals to reserve some beds for acute cases.
Ways to prevent swine flu
- Do not travel in the swine flu epidemic
- Watch out for the symptoms – fever, chills, cough, sore throat, diarrhea, nausea, body aches and stuffy nose. 19659004] Wear a mask before you leave the house.
- If you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue.
- Keep at least six meters away from people with a flu-like illness.
- Eat foods that can increase your immunity
- Drink more water
If you have flu-like symptoms, you should see your doctor and get a swine flu exam. Also try to stay home as much as possible. If you are already infected with the flu, stay away from your children as children have a growing immune system and can be easily affected.
Other articles on Health News.
For more related articles, download the OnlymyHealth App.
Written by: Varsha Vats
Source: Onlymyhealth Editorial Staff February 1, 2019