- Cardiovascular disease is the number one cause of death in the world
- Blood pressure is a major cause of cardiovascular disease
- To help maintain General Health We all need to understand and maintain a healthy reading of our blood pressure.
Cardiovascular disease is the number one cause of death in the world. Blood pressure is one of the major causes of cardiovascular disease. To maintain overall health, we all need to measure and maintain healthy blood pressure. You must have heard that people in your area complain about low and high blood pressure. But do you know what the blood pressure is? Do you know about the blood pressure values?
Read also: High Blood Pressure Control Medication
Blood pressure is the power of the blood that pushes through the coronary arteries that help pump blood through the body. About 7.1 million people die every year from high blood pressure. It can easily be avoided by making certain healthy lifestyle choices for a healthier heart. Learn more about the blood pressure count:
Blood pressure figures
The second thing you should keep in mind when it comes to blood pressure is the number. Your blood pressure is recorded in two numbers:
- Systolic Blood Pressure: The top number indicates the force that the blood exerts when the heart beats.
- Diastolic blood pressure: The lowest number: The blood pressure pushes through the arteries when the heart rests between beats.
Increased attention is paid to systolic blood pressure when the risk of cardiovascular disease is recognized in people over 50 years old. High blood pressure is inevitable after a certain time age due to the riot of the plague, stiffness of large arteries and increased incidence of cardiovascular disease.
- 90/60 means low blood pressure
- Between 90/60 and 120/80 it means your blood pressure is good and you are healthy
- More than 120/80 but lower than 140/90 – This means that your blood pressure is normal, but not ideal. It is slightly higher than normal and you should try to lower your blood pressure and restore normal levels.
- Over 140/90 means you are suffering from high blood pressure and need to see a doctor to make some lifestyle changes and take appropriate medications
Children's blood pressure
Read also : High blood pressure: an increased risk for children and adolescents
High blood pressure may affect children. However, it is not similar to high blood pressure in adults. The following is the range of healthy blood pressure considered normal for healthy children:
|1 – 3||80/34 to 120/75||83 / 3 to 117/76|
|4-6||88/47 to 128/84||88/50 to 122/83|
|7-10||92/53 to 130/90  93/55 to 129/88|
What affects blood pressure?
- Gender: Men are more likely to have high blood pressure before the age of 55, while postmenopausal women experience a rise in blood pressure.
- Age: Systolic blood pressure increase in adults over 50, the leading cause of heart disease in the elderly.
- Genetics: If the problem of blood pressure is in the family then you probably also develop the problem.
- Heart rate: High heart rate may lead to hypertension but need not necessarily. In some cases, this can lead to dangerous consequences, but as the blood vessels can expand with larger amounts of blood, it can normalize by itself.
Written by: Arushi Bidhuri
Source: Onlymyhealth Editorial Staff January 6, 2019