Photo: Stefanie Keenan / Getty Images
If you have recommendations for a psoriasis drug that works, Kim Kardashian is open-minded: The reality star recently asked her Twitter followers after suggesting that their relapses have been particularly bad lately. ? [19659004IchglaubeesistZeitdassicheinMedikamentgegenPsoriasiseinsetzeIchhabeesnochniesogesehenundkannesandieserStellenichteinmalbeschreiben"schriebsieaufTwitter"EshatmeinenKörperübernommenHatjemandeinMedikamentgegenPsoriasisausprobiertundwelcheArtwirktambestenBrauchenSieHilfeSOFORT!!!"DerBeitragwurdemitKommentarenmitTwitter-NutzernüberflutetdieverschiedeneKursevorschlagenwiezBdasOptimierenderErnährungumdieEntzündungdesDarmszureduzierenodernachbestimmtenMedikamentenzusuchen(Connected:DaseinzigeHautpflegeproduktdasKimKardashianjedenTagverwendet)[1
– Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) December 24, 2018
? Kardashian first discovered that she was diagnosed with psoriasis in 2010 ashians and since then she has been publicizing her experiences with skin condition. In 2016, she wrote a "Living with Psoriasis" post in her blog, revealing that she was using a topical cortisone every night and getting a cortisone shot every day with the inflammation the following year she said People that she has had success with light therapy and said the publication "I have used this light – and I do not want to speak too early because [the psoriasis] is almost over." gone – but I used this light [therapy] and my psoriasis is 60 percent gone. While psoriasis is becoming better understood and better diagnosed, there is still much to learn: Many people, like Kardashian, try several approaches without complete success, as there is no cure. "Continue reading for the five other things that are You should know.
What is psoriasis?
- More people have it than you think. An estimated 7.5 million Americans suffer from psoriasis, according to the National Psoriasis Foundation Celebrities are well known, including Lee Ann Rimes, Louise Roe and Cara Delevnigne.
- It is hereditary. Although it is not fully understood, psoriasis appears to be in families, and Kim's mother, Kris Jenner, also has an eczema-like condition
- Psoriasis may vary in severity. In some people, psoriasis is an annoying skin condition like eczema, but for others it really is inactive, especially if they are related to arthritis. Although there is no cure for psoriasis, certain lifestyle measures, such as For example, the use of a non-prescription cortisone cream and the absence of the sun, help to reduce psoriasis psoriasis. (Psoriasis is associated with stress.)
- The symptoms vary. Psoriasis symptoms vary in different individuals. According to the Mayo Clinic, these are red areas covered with silver scales, small spots on the scalp, dry, cracked skin that may bleed, itching, burning or pain, thickened pitted or grooved nails, and swollen and stiff joints.
- It has been linked to other diseases. Psoriasis has been linked to other serious illnesses such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity and depression, which is why treatment is important.