Reprinted from THE KETO RESET DIET COOKBOOK by Mark Sisson with Lindsay Taylor. Copyright @ 2018 by Mark Sisson. Photos copyrighted at 2018 Andrew Purcell. Published by Harmony Books, an imprint of the Crown Publishing Group, a division of Penguin Random House.
Advertising – read below
Cal / Serv:
Frozen chopped spinach, thawed and dehydrated
Whole milk ricotta cheese
Italian spice mixture
Marinara sauce with no added sugar or tomato sauce
grated whole milk cheese
grated Parmesan cheese
julienned basil (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 ° F.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a medium bowl. Squeeze as much moisture from the spinach as possible and crumble it into the eggs. Stir to combine. Stir in ricotta, Italian spices and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of marinara into an 8 × 8-inch glass baking pan. Use a spoon to spread it over so that it covers the bottom of the bowl (it will be very thin). Put one-third of the aubergine slices in a single layer onto the sauce,
slightly overlapping. With a dough brush, lightly brush about 1 tablespoon of avocado oil over the eggplant (if you have an oilmeal, this is an excellent tool for this work), and sprinkle the eggplant with a generous pinch of salt.
- Spoon one third of the spinach-ricotta mixture over the eggplant and smooth, so that the eggplant is covered. Sprinkle ½ cup of Mozzarella evenly over the spinach, then pour half of the remaining marinaras over it and do everything possible to form an even layer.
- Repeat the layering process: one-third of the eggplant, 1 tablespoon of the avocado oil, season with salt, one-third of the spinach-ricotta mixture, ½ cup of mozzarella and the remaining marinara sauce.
- For the last layer, arrange the last third of the aubergine slices and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the avocado oil and sprinkle with salt, then cover the remaining spinach-ricotta mixture. Mix the remaining 1 cup chopped mozzarella with the Parmesan and cover the whole casserole dish.
- Bake until the casserole is hot and bubbled, 18 to 20 minutes. Take it out of the oven and sprinkle it with fresh basil (if used). Let the casserole rest for 5 minutes. Use a sharp knife to cut and serve in 6 equal pieces.
Nutrition information per serving:
Calories: 432, Fat: 31 grams, Carbohydrates: 17 grams, and Protein: 25 grams
Recipe taken The Keto Reset Diet Cookbook.
. Advertising – read below