The John Wick Films are known for their intense violence and high physique, as well as for bringing Keanu Reeves back to the fore.
But originally the first film was supposed to be a completely different affair, with only three people kicking the bucket in the script. That is a quantity less than the 80-ish in the final version of the 2014 film.
Speak with ComicBook.comChad Stahelski, co-director of the first film (and solo director of the other two) said, “I think so [Keanu] sent it to me on a Friday and I might read it that day and think about it over the weekend.
Connected: John WickThe original title was changed because Keanu Reeves kept getting it wrong
“It was much more reluctant. I think in the original script only three people died, two were in a car accident. It was very, very minimal and a little different. I read it and always had this idea about Greek mythology and how to get there tells more of a fabulous story, make a surreal action movie so it’s not so grounded and gray, just something different.
“People joke about it [the kill count]But the way I choreograph with my boys and other things, we just choreograph movements and set pieces and try to create this balletic type of dance and live performance for everything.
Relatives: How John Wick misunderstood one of his main topics
“I think just naturally because Keanu has gotten so much better with the choreography, the martial arts, and the movement, and we switch so much weapons and get bigger set pieces that naturally come as the scene grows, the number of bodies grows.“”
Stahelski previously said they are working hard to “crack” the fourth film, while a fifth has already been announced.
This content is created and maintained by a third party and is imported onto this page so that users can provide their email addresses. You may find more information on this and similar content at piano.io