- Kosher salt
- tablespoon of sesame oil and more for serving
- 1 bunch of spring onions, thinly sliced, some greens reserved for garnish
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- ] 1 tablespoon raw sugar  12 ounces of simple fresh ramen noodles
- 10 ounces of Japanese mushrooms like enoki, beech and oyster
- 1 small bunch of watercress, chopped
- The shrimp insert a colander and plenty of Sprinkle with salt. Leave to boil.
- Add oil, shallots, garlic, ginger and a pinch of salt to a stock pot and put in a medium heat. Cook with constant stirring until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, sugar and 6 cups of water. Bring to a boil over a high heat, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a stockpot of water to a boil. Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again. Distribute on 4 soup cups.
- Rinse the prawns with cold water and add to the soup with the mushrooms. Cook until the shrimp become opaque and the mushrooms soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread the shrimps, mushrooms and soup with watercress on the bowls. Drizzle with oil and serve.
- This works well with 8 ounces of dried soba noodles instead of ramen. Note