Jackfruit seeds are considered beneficial to health because they contain multiple nutrients that prevent cancer and diarrhea and keep cholesterol levels under control. However, it is extremely important to eat these seeds in the right shape.
Jackfruit are a type of fruit that is consumed in many parts of India. Jackfruit is also a part of some Indian meals for its great taste. Apart from eating jackfruit with meals, people eat jackfruit seeds because of their health benefits. Although jackfruit seeds contain several nutrients, some health experts believe that jackfruit seeds can be toxic and harm a person's health. It can also be a cause of death in humans. Here you will learn all about the pros and cons of Jackfruit seeds.
Benefits of Jackfruit Seeds
- Jackfruit seeds contain several nutrients that are beneficial to the body. The seeds contain a proper amount of starch, protein, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Apart from that, 28 grams of jackfruit seeds contain 53 calories, 11 grams of carbohydrates, 2 grams of protein, 0.5 grams of fiber. Also in jackfruit seeds, vitamin B, magnesium, phosphorus, etc. are abundant.
- Jackfruit seeds may be beneficial for diarrhea patients as they have antibacterial properties.
- The seeds of jackfruit are special antioxidants that also protect you from the risk of cancer. These antioxidants are flavonoids, saponins and phenols.
- The seeds of jackfruit have both soluble and insoluble fibers and are therefore very good for the stomach. Patients with chronic constipation should take Jackfruit seeds.
- Researchers suggest that jackfruit seeds are also helpful in lowering bad cholesterol in the body. Along with this, it also increases the level of good cholesterol and contributes to good health.
Read also: Bhumi Pednekar: The inspirational diet and training secrets of the birthday girl
What can be toxic to jackfruit seeds?  Apart from its numerous health benefits, jackfruit seeds can be toxic to some people. Medications such as aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, platelet-reducing drugs, blood thinners, etc. do not go well with jackfruit seeds. Taking both at the same time can lead to increased blood pressure in the body.
Also read: Include these proteins for a flat stomach in your diet.
How to eat jackfruit seeds.
- Jackfruit seeds are rich in all nutritious properties. However, there are some precautions needed to make it a part of your diet. First and foremost, never eat jackfruit seeds raw. Cook in water for 20-30 minutes before eating. If you want to fry it, fry the seeds for at least 20 minutes at 205 degrees Celsius. You can eat jackfruit seeds in the following ways:
- Add jackfruit seeds in salads with other vegetables. Before adding the seeds either boil or roast.
- For health reasons, the powder form can be added to wheat dough or another dough.
- You can make jackfruit seeds while making smoothies to increase the nutritional content of the drink.
- Jackfruit seeds can also be eaten as a snack. Just cook, add chopped onions and tomatoes and add a pinch of lemon. It can provide a great evening snack.
Read More Articles on Healthy Eating
Written by Vani Malik
Source: Onlymyhealth Editorial Staff July 21, 2019