- A rash may have multiple causes
- rash may affect various body parts of your baby
- Ways to prevent and treat it Your baby's rash
Your baby can easily get a rash because babies have very sensitive skin and a developing immune system. A baby can get several types of skin rashes that can affect different body parts of the baby. Most rashes can be treated easily at home. It can also cause irritation and make your baby fussy.
What can cause a rash?
Due to the sensitive skin, a baby can get a rash for several reasons. Some common causes of rashes in babies are:
- Certain allergy
- Chemical presence in a product
Rashes can affect the baby's body ̵
Read also: How to care for your one-month-old infant
Types of Baby Rash
There are some similarities to types of rashes your baby might develop. It may be
- drool rash
- diaper rash
- Infectious rash
Treatment of baby rash
- Treat your baby's rash immediately before removing any other body parts touched the baby. Diaper rash is the most common skin rash caused by excessive moisture and heat. Some of the best ways to treat diaper rashes are:
- Change the diaper frequently
- Make sure the diaper is not too tightly wrapped.
- Give your baby some time during the day without a diaper
- Use a soft, damp cloth and avoid using towels as they may contain alcohol
- You can use a doctor's prescribed cream.
- Wash your hands before changing your baby's diaper
Rash An ordinary facial rash that passes through Droll irritates the skin around the baby's mouth. In such a situation, avoid using soap on your face and try to keep your baby's face as dry as possible. Clean your baby gently and do not use scented lotion. Pacifier use or frequent wiping of the face can aggravate the condition.
Read also: What to feed your baby in the first year
How to prevent a baby rash
A rash can develop at any time. There are some precautions you can take to prevent a possible development of the rash.
- Keep your baby's skin clean and dry
- Change the diaper regularly
- Keep baby's clothes clean.
- Avoid too many lotions and creams
- Put your baby in the weather.
- Dress your baby in comfortable clothes. Use cotton clothing
If you see a doctor?
A normal rash can be treated easily at home. If the rash does not just go away, you should see your doctor immediately.
- If your child develops a rash with a fever, you should never ignore these signs and seek medical attention immediately to stop the disease from progressing.
- If the rash persists for too long, for example, more than a week, you should stop using the home remedies and see your doctor. Then use the prescribed medications to treat the rash.
- If the rash spreads to other parts of the baby's body, make sure you stop the rash immediately and pay your doctor a visit.
Simple rashes can be an indicator of a serious illness. So do not ignore these warning signs and protect your baby from possible diseases.
More Newborn Care Articles.
For more related articles, download the OnlymyHealth App.
Written by: Varsha Vats
Source: Onlymyhealth Editorial Staff January 29, 2019