Burpees have a good reputation. They are one of the most effective and crazy exercises outside. And fitness fans love to hate them everywhere. (Related: The 30-Day Burpee Challenge That Will Totally Kick Your Butt)
The sweaty movement makes your body the best exercise machine ever and trains virtually every muscle in your body – including shoulders, chest, abs, quads, Inside Thighs, Butts, and Triceps – and sending your heartbeat through the roof to fuel calories and boost muscle growth, says personal trainer Mike Donavanik, CSCS
I need to know how to make a burpee with a perfect shape. Here Donavanik gives step-by-step tips on how to make a burpee.
How to Make a Burpee in the Right Way
- Stand shoulder-width apart with your feet, straining your heels and arms at your sides.
- Push your hips back, bend your knees and lower your body to a squat position.
- Place your hands directly in front of and directly into your feet. Put your weight on your hands.
- Jump back with your feet and gently land on the bale of your feet in plank position. Your body should form a straight line from the head to the heels. Be careful not to sag your back or blow up your buttocks as both may prevent you from effectively working on your core.
- Jump back with your feet so they land outside your hands.
- Reach your body arms over head and jump explosively into the air.
- Land and immediately return to a squat position for your next replay.
Tip: Avoid "rolling" of the body by first lifting your chest and keeping your hips on the ground when the body is lifted off the ground.
Fortunately, this step is extremely versatile and can be adapted to any level of fitness.
Making a Burpee Lighter
- Get into a plank position by kicking your feet and not jumping.
Making a Burpee Even More Demanding
- Add a push-up to the plank position.
- Add a knee bend to the jump. 1