Acne is a very common skin problem caused by various factors, including hormonal imbalance, poor diet, chemical stress, etc. Here are a few tips for control.
Pimple is painful. If you have acne or you get it often, you are not alone! The scientific name for what we call pimples or acne is acne vulgaris. Most people between 11 and 30 years suffer from acne. Hormonal acne, on the other hand, is caused by a hormonal imbalance in the body. While this can be treated with appropriate medications, improving nutrition and lifestyle can effectively reduce acne. We give you a brief overview of the causes and treatment options.
What is hormonal acne or acne vulgaris?
Acne is a skin problem characterized by inflammation, redness and rashes, blackheads, whiteheads and sometimes deep lesions. These generally occur in the skin areas where sebaceous glands are active, including the face, neck, back, chest, etc. These are classified according to their severity in three categories:
. 2 Moderate Acne: You would see inflammatory lesions along with slight scars and occasional nodules.
3.Seven Acne : Many inflammatory lesions, nodules and scars that do not improve even after dermal treatment. People who suffer from severe acne problems are likely to suffer from mental health problems due to their unsightly appearance.
Causes of hormonal acne
1. Hormonal fluctuation: These are called hormonal acne because they are mainly due to a hormonal imbalance in the body. This increases the sebum production in the skin and leads to the development of acne.
2.Follicular Hyperkeratinization: This is a technical term for the abnormal detachment of dead skin cells from the opening pores.
. 3 Bad Diet: Unhealthy, oily or carbonated foods are said to trigger the formation of acne in the skin. Oily foods are therefore strictly prohibited for people with acne.
4. Unhealthy Lifestyle: Long exposure to dirt and pollution causes acne. The dust and dirt accumulates on the skin and causes a bacterial infection, causing acne.
Read also: Get rid of skin pigmentation with these simple tips
Acne-friendly foods and drinks
- Fruits : Oranges, berries, apples, grapefruit, grapes, Cherries, bananas, pears, peaches, etc.
- Vegetables : sweet potatoes, broccoli, kale, spinach, paprika, cauliflower, zucchini, carrots, butternut squash, turnip etc.
- Whole grains and starch Vegetables: Quinoa , brown rice, farro, oats, buckwheat, etc.
- Legumes : Lentils, chickpeas, kidney beans, black beans, etc.
- Healthy fats: Olive oil, whole eggs, nuts, seeds, avocados, coconut oil, Nut butter etc.
- High quality proteins: tofu, eggs, salmon, chicken, shellfish, turkey etc.
- Milk alternatives (herbal) based): coconut yoghurt, almond milk, cashew milk, coconut milk etc.
- Entzündungshem herbs and spices: Cayenne pepper, turmeric, black pepper, garlic, g ginger, cinnamon, parsley, etc.
- Unsweetened drinks: Sparkling water, water, lemon water, green tea, hibiscus tea, etc.
Read also: Causes of dry oral skin
Avoid these foods and drinks
- Dairy products: Milk, yogurt, cheese etc.
- Sugary drinks: Soda, sweetened sports drinks, energy drinks, etc.
- Oily and processed foods: French fries, fast foods, white bread , Frozen foods, sugary cereals, bars, microwave dishes, etc.
: cakes, sweets, table sugar, biscuits, etc.
Careful nutrition and lifestyle changes can actually improve the condition of your acne. We hope this guide helps!
Read more about skin care
Written by: Onlymyhealth Staff Writer
Source: Onlymyhealth Editorial Team July 26, 2019