- Holi Celebration Contains Many Colors
- Colors can get into eyes, mouth and ears. 19659004] Knowing how to handle such situations
Holi is full of fun and colors. Applying colors to each other's face is mandatory on every holi. However, these paints are loaded with chemicals that can be very damaging to your skin and other organs. When celebrating Holi, the color can get into your eyes, nose, ears and mouth, which can lead to serious problems if ignored. In such a situation, you have to be very careful and follow a few steps to remove all the color from your sensitive body parts. Ram Ashish Yadav, a medical officer in Siddhartha Nagar Uttar Pradesh, approached us to guide us through the basic steps that can be followed when the color gets into your eyes, ears, nose or mouth.
For the eyes
DR. Ram Ashish explains that eyes are one of the most sensitive organs of the human body. If the paint gets in your eyes, you should get rid of the paint before it turns into something serious. You should first wash your eyes with water several times. Do not use too hot or cold water. Do not rub your eyes. You may feel an irritation or a burning sensation. If it persists even after washing your eyes with water, you should seek medical attention immediately.
Some other tips for protecting your eyes during Holi:
- Use only natural or organic color
- Do not let the color enter directly into the eyes
- Avoid using contact lenses when playing with colors
- You can also wear sunglasses to protect your eyes
- Do not touch your eyes when your hands are full of color.
Read also: Removing Holi Colors from Your Skin
Dry colors can enter your ears, which can lead to infection if not removed from the ears. When the color gets into your ears, tilt your head and shake your ear to remove the color as much as possible. After that, only a certain amount of color remains in the ears, which you can later clean with an earplug.
For the mouth
Both dry and wet paint can enter your mouth. In such a situation you should gargle immediately with water. Do not let the paint go through your mouth. Throw all the paint outside and later clean your mouth with water. After a while use a mouthwash or warm water. Do not eat anything at this moment. Wait at least an hour before eating.
Read also: Holi 2019: Tips for protecting your skin from harsh colors
Other safety tips for a safe holi
- Apply the right oil to the whole body before you play with the colors
- Use natural and safe colors
- Wash your hands before eating anything
- Drink plenty of water
- Do not overconsume sweets
- Do not stay in wet for very long Clothing
- Keep clean water nearby.
Other articles on Holi Safety.
For more related articles, download the OnlymyHealth app.
Written by: Varsha Vats
Source: Onlymyhealth Editorial Staff March 19, 2019