Kidney function is an essential process for the human body. Irregularities in kidney function can lead to various health problems and, in extreme cases, even death.
We are all aware of the importance of a kidney for the proper regulation of bodily organs. Our kidneys help you filter the waste out of the body. They also help regulate blood pressure and red blood cell production in our body. Often, however, you have come across cases of kidney failure but are still unaware of the reasons and causes. Let's read on to understand how kidney failure occurs.
Symptoms of Renal Impairment
To understand kidney failure first, you should understand the problems associated with renal dysfunction. Here are some of the key symptoms that indicate a kidney malfunction that needs urgent treatment. Ignoring kidney health over a longer period of time may even lead to death in several cases:
- shortness of breath
- Constant confusion and difficulty in making decisions more quickly
- Lethargy and tiredness
- Weakness and difficulty in performing everyday tasks  Also read: These 5 things can be a reason for the emergence of psoriasis.
All these are the signs of the body when waste accumulates in the body system. This happens due to kidney dysfunction. When the kidney loses its filtering ability, the body fluids rise to a level that can be life-threatening. It is important to know what causes kidney failure and seizures in humans.
Why is this happening?
There are several reasons that can lead to kidney failure in no time. It can only take a few hours or a few months. Gradual build up in the body can show various signs and symptoms in the body.
- Sudden and extremely severe dehydration leading to respiratory distress.
- Kidney injury from poisoning or overdose of medicinal products. Protecting your kidneys
Protecting your kidneys
Problems such as decreased blood flow can lead to severe kidney damage. Check for the following conditions that may result in decreased blood flow:
- Low blood pressure
- Prolonged disease of a body part or organ
- A history of surgery in the recent past or after surgery Impact
- Bleeding  High-grade burns or traumas due to multiple events
- Other diseases of the body increase the likelihood of a kidney attack in several patients. The likelihood of kidney failure is higher if you have the following health problems:
- Liver and kidney disease
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Heart failure
- High blood pressure
Read also: Here is everything What You Need to Know About the Importance of the Hepatitis B Vaccine
Symptoms of Kidney Failure
Finally, we list some symptoms that indicate a kidney failure for medical help to hospital:
- Prolonged bleeding, both externally and internally, in accidents or injuries
- Persistent nausea for a prolonged period
- Bruises or bruises all over the body
- Suction of sensation in hands and feet  Excess fluid retention in the body
- Sudden loss of appetite  Metallic taste in the mouth
Other articles on other diseases
Submitted by: Vani Malik
Source: Onlymyhealth Editorial Staff 27 July 2019