I think I can say with certainty that we were all caught eating raw biscuit straight from the bowl. However, my experience in nutrition and the food industry has taught me that this is not a good thing. It is quite risky and can affect your health goals. You see, most people assume that the primary reason for not warning about eating raw cookie dough is to avoid the salmonella-induced food-borne illness caused by eating raw eggs. But there is also a warning about flour, which is extremely dirty (of course, for baking, of course).
This caused me to look for food-safe cookie dough ideas (to meet my nutritional restrictions: gluten-free, dairy-free). You will be amazed at what I found because these cookie dough bites will satisfy your craving for cookie dough. Plus, they are low in sugar, high in protein and free of wheat!
Mini No-Bake Biscuit Dough Bites
Manufacturer ~ 18- 20 teaspoon large dough bites
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla  2 teaspoons honey
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup powdered oat (or oatmeal, I like a little) more pieces)
- 1 serving of vanilla protein powder
- 1 heaped EL nut butters of choice
- 2 tablespoons cocoa Nibs, mini chocolate chips or carob chips
- Mix coconut oil, vanilla and honey in a medium sized bowl.
- Add almond flour, powdered oats and protein powder.
- Stir in the nut butter. Continue mixing until well blended.
- Add a chip of choice to the "dough mix".
- Use a heaped teaspoon to form dough into balls.
- Freeze dough bites (at least 2 hours).