Iron deficiency occurs in many people, especially women. Because of this, they become anemic. Iron is an important mineral for the formation of red blood cells and hemoglobin.
For a healthy body, it is not enough to eat, but it is also necessary to fill in the gaps and the proportion of you and when you eat. Yes, these three things can be an important reason for your health and healthy lifestyle. When you eat a balanced diet, it is more important to eat it at the right time and in the right amount.
Iron deficiency occurs in many people, especially women, and becomes anemic. Iron is an important mineral for the body to form red blood cells and hemoglobin, which transfers oxygen to various parts of the body. Not only that, there are many other important roles of iron elements in the body. Iron is also important for maintaining energy levels. Due to iron deficiency in the body it shows various signs, such as:
- pale skin
- weak endurance
The body's immune system becomes weak and many other diseases attack you. It is extremely important that you consume iron-rich foods to meet the needs of your body. Let yourself be guided by a few simple iron-rich recipes.
Read also: 5 superfoods to fight anxiety and depression
Chickpea and spinach soup
Spinach is one of the best sources of iron, as every 1
- First, take 1 cup of half-cooked chickpeas and 2 cups of spinach.
- Now heat 1/2 tsp of butter in a pan. Add 3-4 chopped garlic cloves and 1-2 chopped onions.
- Then add a pinch of cumin powder, 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder, salt as needed, a small half spoon turmeric and mix well.
- Add Now Add chickpeas and sauté with spices until brown.
- Then cut the spinach leaves in it and cook for about two minutes.
- Now spinach and chili peppers in another bowl and let cool.
- Then mix in the blender and garnish with a little cream, black and white sesame.
Dal Khichdi Spinach
Both spinach and dal are a good source of iron. Khichdi is one of the simplest and most popular dishes. The spinach and legume combination is full of iron elements. 18 grams of iron are contained in 100 grams of dal. This is a perfect balance between carbohydrates and proteins.
- First, wash 1 cup of rice once or twice and let it soak in water. You also need to soak 1 cup dal in a jar.
- Then set the pressure cooker to gas, add oil and heat. When the oil gets hot, add mustard seeds, cumin, curry leaves and ginger-garlic paste and mix well.
- Add finely chopped onions and finely chopped tomatoes, after the onions are light brown.
- Add the salt, green chillies, turmeric powder, coriander powder and chilli powder to taste and cook well.
- Now add roasted Moong dal or another legume pulse to rice and place in a pressure cooker and cook for 2 hours minutes.
- Then add the chopped spinach and mix well. Then add water to cook the rice as needed and close the pressure cooker. Cook for ten to twelve minutes.
- After two whistles, remove the spinach from the pressure cooker.
This traditional Rajasthani lentil curry contains five different types of legumes, including Moong, Gram, Lentil, Urad and Toor Dal. These legumes give the body lots of nutrients with a different taste in the shell. It is full of antioxidants, proteins, fiber and iron. This Pancharatna Dal removes the iron deficiency in your body.
- First soak these five legumes, Moong, Gram, Lentil, Urad and Toordal.
- Now add lentils, pour some water until the water level in the pressure cooker is above the pulse.
- Add salt and turmeric as needed and cook for 3-4 whistles.
- After the pulp is cooked, take a pan and add 1 to 2 teaspoons of ghee or oil and heat.
- Add a little hinge and cumin. When the cumin seeds are brown, add ginger garlic or just ginger paste, fry well.
- Add the onion and fry until light brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, green chillies, coriander powder and cook until the oil and tomato peel off.
- Put in the lenses, then stir gently. If necessary, add a little water and boil for at least 15 minutes on a low flame.
- Then add finely chopped green cilantro and eat with bread (Roti) or rice.
More about Healthy Diet
Written by Tavishi Dogra
Source: Onlymyhealth Editorial Staff July 29, 2019