Raageshwari is an Indian singer, actress, model, former VJ and presenter. Do you know that the beautiful Raageshwari had facial paralysis? Nevertheless, she has not lost confidence in herself. Read her inspiring story.
Remember the pop star of the 90s, Raageshwari? Yes, the singer became model and actress Raageshwari, who became famous with her album ' Duniya and later in films such as' Aankhein 'and' Main Khiladi Tu Anaadi "Bell's Palsy was discovered, which in 2000 was commonly referred to as facial paralysis. Raageshwari was re-known with reality show, big boss 5.
Raageshwari is more than a pop singer, actress, model, TV presenter and VJ. She is mainly known for her positive attitude. When she took part in the Big Boss, her competitor called her " Positive Raga ".
It's hard to believe there was a time when the charming Raageshwari could not smile. And it was the result of Bell Palsy, who had paralyzed her left side of the face. In 2000 Raageshwari woke up after the release of the Y2K Millennium CD and a New Year's performance with paralysis of the left face. This gave her a big shock. But she decided not to give up and became an inspiration.
What is Bell's palsy?
Bell palsy is a facial paralysis which is caused by dysfunctions of the facial nerves, which causes the ability to control facial muscles on the affected side of the face to be lost. What causes this nervous dysfunction is not clear.
According to physicians, various diseases such as brain tumors or strokes lead to facial paralysis. However, Bell's palsy is a disease that has no background and is the most common cause of acute facial nerve paralysis, which often occurs overnight and causes partial or total paralysis.
Raageshwari's Bell-Palsy Experience
People generally do not talk about their paralysis history, but Raageshwari proved to be the strongest survivor of facial paralysis. Not only did she overcome the disease, she also likes to talk about it.
Read also: World Brain Day 2019: Tips for dealing with stressed induced migraines
Raageshwari reported on her experiences with facial paralysis in several interviews. She says she wakes up on the morning of January 7 and finds her left face unresponsive. She could not speak, though her voice was blurred and her mouth touched her ear. This condition shocked Raageshwari and her family. When she was examined by a doctor, she was diagnosed with bells and the doctor recommended treatment with electrostimulation, steroids and a meeting with a neurologist. The doctor gave no definite time for her welfare.
She did not lose hope. She came with new self-confidence to overcome this disease and she is back with a blushing smile.
Although it took six months to get back to normal, it took a lot of courage and effort to fight a disease like this. Reading books, spending time with children and even blasting balloons proved to be a great way to keep their mouths active.
Raageshwari Fitness and Diet
She was medically treated with steroids, but slowly she realized that natural therapy is the best therapy. She started a new fitness regime that can bring her back to normal. With a change in diet, she began with facial and Hathyoga.
Also read: Here's everything you need to know about hysteria.
Raageshwari changed her lifestyle. This not only healed her body and mind, but also rejuvenated her more. Even after healing, she keeps her lifestyle.
Let us dive deep into their routine
- Raageshwari way was moderation diet. She eats everything, but in a balanced way.
- She keeps herself hydrated and starts her day with water.
- Before training, fruits such as apple and banana and dry fruits such as almonds, walnuts etc. are your choice.
- Her training included circuit training, squats and crunches, followed by yoga and five Tibetan rites.
- Riyaaz is also part of her healing and her day, which lasts 45 minutes to an hour.
- Your breakfast consists of two eggs with two brown bread and a glass of milk. She sometimes takes omelet and orange or apple and celery juice.
- A glass of lemon juice with a fruit or dried fruit slice and peanuts with jaggery is what she craves for breakfast after an hour or two.
- You Lunch consists of one or two chapatis with lots of vegetables and quark.
- Your evening snack consists of homemade paneer or cheese slice or sandwich and green tea. She sometimes takes up laddoos, dried fruit and homemade energy bars.
- Your dinner includes Rajma or other legumes with lots of vegetables before 8pm. She does not eat after 8 o'clock in the morning.
Raageshwari recovered from facial paralysis and returned with more energy. She is a true inspiration who not only struggled with her illness, but also transformed herself. Her positive attitude made her heal faster. Her father and mother come as true strength. Yoga and empathy have worked so well for her as well. She made her fans and the world realize that suffering is part of life and that it can be combated through determination and hope.
Other articles on other diseases
Written by: Onlymyhealth Staff Writer
Source: Onlymyhealth Editorial Team July 24, 2019