- virgin olive oil
- 3 Poblano peppers , Stems, seeds and cubes
- 2 small onions, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 large eggs
- 4 corn tortillas
- 8 teaspoons Za & atar spread
- Place the spinach in a large bowl and add sufficient water. Swish to loosen the dirt and grit. Take out and put in a sieve. Repeat this process if the water is very dirty.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the peppers, onions, garlic and a large pinch of salt. Boil with occasional stirring until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook with stirring for 1 minute. Add the spinach with the handful and stir after each addition to wither. Sprinkle with salt and stir well, then distribute evenly.
- Crack an egg into a bowl, then glide on the spinach. Repeat with the rest of the eggs by separating them. Reduce the heat to medium to low. Cover and cook until the whites are set and the yolks are liquid, 3 to 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, toast the tortillas in a hot pan or frying pan until they are black at the edges and in places. Distribute 1 teaspoon of Za & # 39; atar immediately on each tortilla.
- Cover the eggs and sprinkle the remaining 4 teaspoons of Zaratar, which extends over all the eggs and vegetables. Serve the shakshuka with the tortillas.