قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Fitness Tips / Floyd Mayweather resigns from the New Year's Eve fight of the New Year

Floyd Mayweather resigns from the New Year's Eve fight of the New Year




  Mayweather beaten back from New Year's Eve

Jun Sato / Contributor / Getty

Floyd Mayweather will not prevail against unbeaten Japanese kickboxing star Tenshin Nasukawa. The fight was announced last Monday and created a big online discussion about how everything would go down (including Conor McGregor, who suggested some nasty and racially insensitive comments).

Today, however, Mayweather suspended the fight on Instagram. At the same time he removed all his previous contributions from Tokyo to promote the fight. Look at his statement below:

View this post on Instagram
19659011] 19659011]

. Now that I am back on American soil after a long and disappointing trip to Tokyo, I now have the time to address you, my fans and the media regarding the upcoming event on December 31, which was announced recently. First and foremost, I want to make it clear that I, Floyd Mayweather, have never agreed to an official fight with Tenshin Nasukawa. In fact (with all due respect) I have never heard of him until this last trip to Japan. Finally, I was asked to participate in a 9-minute exhibition of 3 rounds with an opponent selected by the Rizen Fighting Federation. What I was originally told by Brent Johnson of "One Entertainment" was that this should be an exhibit that was held for a small group of affluent viewers for a very high fee. This exhibition was previously organized as a "special bout" solely for entertainment purposes without any intention to be presented as an official combat card or broadcast worldwide. When I came to the press conference, my team and I were completely disappointed with the new direction in which this event took place, and we should have stopped it immediately. I sincerely apologize to my fans for the very misleading information that was announced during this press conference, and I can assure you that I too was blinded by the arrangements that were made without my consent or consent. For the many fans and attendees who came to this past press conference from all over the world, I was reluctant to create a major disruption to the fight against what was said, and I'm really sorry. I am a retired boxer who earns an unprecedented amount of money worldwide for performances, lectures and occasional small exhibitions.

A Post Floyd Mayweather (@floydmayweather) on November 7, 2018 at 10:53 pm PST [19459012geteilthat]

[RELATED1]

No.


Source link