The summer season causes many stomach problems that can get worse with increasing temperature. Here are some tips from experts on fighting gastrointestinal disorders during the summer season.
The rising temperature is fraught with numerous health problems. Not only skin problems, but also stomach problems can be the result. Doctors often report that the bacteria grow faster and spread rapidly in the summer season. This leads to many gastrointestinal diseases. Gastrointestinal diseases are associated with the digestive tract, the intestine and the stomach. These health problems can include symptoms such as flatulence, irrelevant bowel syndrome, heartburn, acid reflux, constipation and gum disease, cirrhosis, etc.
Dr. Ram Ashish Yadav Siddhartha Nagar Medical Officer Uttar Pradesh explains: "Since the mercury reached 40-42 degrees Celsius, the number of patients with stomach problems visiting the OPD has increased significantly, and the rising temperature is causing it weak immune system, which increases the spread of bacteria and viruses in the body, if the cooked food gets contaminated after 4 to 5 hours, people should be very careful with the food they consume otherwise it causes stomach problems. "[1
Also Read: NAFLD can lead to cirrhosis if not treated in time.
This summer you need to follow some tips and methods to protect yourself from the heat. Read on to get some tips to protect you from rising temperatures to prevent gastrointestinal disease.
- You should consume your food within 4-5 hours after cooking.
- Keep the food and water always covered.
- Do not keep chopped vegetables and fruits in the fridge overnight
- You should definitely consume 3-4 liters of water throughout the day. If you work in an activity that requires more work, or if you work outside in the sunlight, you must consume at least 5 liters of water per day.
- You should cover your head before you step into the sunlight. Have an umbrella, scarf or cap ready.
- In addition to water, you will also need other soft drinks such as sugar cane juice, fresh lime water, buttermilk, fresh juices, shakes and smoothies.
- You should also add quark to your diet.  Try to avoid foods laden with spices and oil. Also try not to consume processed foods.
Another great way to keep your stomach healthy in the summer season is to consume the variety of fruits available in the summer. The summer season offers a variety of fruits that keep your body cool as they are laden with water. These fruits also provide you with all the necessary nutrients. Summer fruits include: watermelon, sugar melon, mangoes, strawberries, plums, papaya, pineapple guava and many more.
Also read: Constipation on vacation is real. How to Deal With It
You should avoid self-medication if you have symptoms related to gastrointestinal disorders. It can worsen the situation. If you experience stomach upset for more than two days, you must see a doctor to get the right treatment. You should also ignore the symptoms for no longer than two days. During the summer season you should also pay special attention to children. You must protect your children from the heat and do not step out too often. Also check the diet they eat.
Other articles on other diseases.
Written by: Varsha Vats
Source: Onlymyhealth Editorial Team May 30, 2019