Having good academics does not always mean a high level of success. Do you think why? It is the level of emotional intelligence that will take you in the long run …
What is Emotional Intelligence?
Emotional intelligence is the ability to pragmatically understand, use and manage your own emotions to relieve stress and express your emotions effectively, sympathize with others, overcome challenges and manage conflicts. It is also called Emotional Quotient or EQ. It also helps a person in making decisions and actions. There are several attributes of emotional intelligence: self-management, self-esteem, social awareness, and relationship management.
Importance of the Emotional Quotient
You will not believe that happiness and success depend on emotional intelligence. The higher the level of the emotional quotient, the higher the level of success and happiness. Often one got to know the brilliant student, who had great academics, but failed in the workplace. IQ is important, but it is the emotional quotient that helps you deal with stress and relationships in the workplace.
READ: Good Night Sleep Tips: Keep your phone out of the bedroom before you go to sleep.
Actual The emotional quotient is the most needed part of our lives. Without this we can not sustain our relationships in the workplace or in our private lives. Not only at the workplace, but also through emotional quotients, your personal relationship is strengthened.
Effects of Emotional Intelligence
Emotional intelligence has a range of implications for different areas of life. It affects:
- It improves mental health
- Emotional quotient maintains physical health
When your mental and physical health are in balance, your relationship with happiness grows. It also maintains your relationships.
- It is needed for effective school and workplace performance.
- Society is also sustained by emotional intelligence.
How do you build emotional intelligence?
Find out what works best to reduce stress and actually implement it.
- Walking around the block
- Calling a friend and communicating
- Practicing some yoga techniques
- 10 minutes of meditation can help too
In principle, maintaining can be some habits help to achieve a high level of emotional intelligence that paves the way for our success and happiness.
- The development of self-esteem, which consists of both emotional awareness and self-confidence, is the key to increasing emotional intelligence.
- Regulation is another key. Self-regulation to eliminate negative thoughts is helpful in maintaining peace of mind. It consists of self-control, trustworthiness, adaptability and innovation.
- Empathy promotes service orientation, development of others, use of diversity, political awareness, understanding of others in a person that makes them more sensitive.
- Social skills such as influencing, communicating, guiding, managing conflict, building ties etc. pave the way for success and happiness in life.
- Motivation is required to reach your goal and succeed in life. Without motivation it is not possible to fulfill your task and to perform well.
It's not that difficult to improve emotional intelligence. It's about knowing about yourself first. Self-confidence and social interaction are the key to building. The level of emotional intelligence will help your relationship grow both in the workplace and in your personal environment. Improve your emotional quotient and be happier and more successful.
Read more body and mind articles
Written by Onlymyhealth Staff Writer
Source: Onlymyhealth Editorial Team July 14, 2019