Cisco 350-401 ENCOR is a core exam required for obtainingthree certifications of different levels, such asCCIE Enterprise Wireless, CCNP Enterprise, and CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure.But this test is only one part of the prerequisites that you need to fulfil. The second step for each of these credentialsispassing the concentration or lab tests.
In this article, we will talk more about this important exam that measures your knowledge and skills in implementing core enterprise network technologies, which include dual-stack, IPv4 and IPv6 architecture, security, automation, network assurance, virtualization, and infrastructure.
Unfortunately, after the great changes that took place in late February 2020, Cisco is not specifying the details of its exams. Thus, it is known that Examsnap 350-401 ENCOR is a 120-minute test that is available in English and Japanese. However, the information related to the format of the questions and their number can be found now after searching for those candidates who have already passed this certification exam.
It is also important to know that the individuals who plan to sit for this exam are required to register for it on the Pearson VUE platform and pay $400 for the voucher. Please note that the price can change due to your location. All this information is available if you create an account on this website. Click on the “Become a test center” dropdown and go to the Voucher store. By clicking on the “Voucher prices & order forms” link on the right, you will be able to choose the vendor, your country, see the exact prices, and download an order form in the PDF format.
Cisco 350-401is designed to measure your ability to perform some technical tasks. By passing this certificationexam, the students demonstrate their skills and knowledge related to the topics of this test. There are six technicalskills that will be evaluated in this exam. You should take the time to go through each of these subjects in detail and getthe required knowledge. Let’s look at the areas you need to cover while preparing for your Exam-labs 350-401 ENCOR.
Architecture (15%) –the candidates are required to develop their skills to carry out the certain tasks. Theywill need to do the following:
- Describe various principles of design that are utilized in the enterprise network. This should include Tier-2, Tier-3,fabric capacity planning, and high availability methods,such as redundancy, SSO, FHRP;
- Evaluate principles of design of WLAN deployment. This covers wireless deployment models, which include distributed, centralized, controller-based, remote branch, Cloud, and controller-less formats.Location services in WLAN design is also an important thing to know about;
- Differentiate between Cloud and on-premises infrastructure deployments;
- Describe working principles associated with Cisco SD-WAN solutions, including SD-WAN control & data planes components, and traditional WAN & SD-WAN solutions;
- Define working principles associated with Cisco SD-Access solutions, including traditional campus inter-operating with SD-Access and SD-Access control with data planes components;
- Explain the concepts of wireless and wired QoS, which entails its policy and components;
- Differentiate between software and hardware switching mechanisms, including FIB versus RIB, Process & CEF, and MAC address table & TCAM.
Virtualization (10%) –the skills that will be evaluated under this topic covers your ability to perform various tasks that include the usage of different technologies and services. You will need to do the following:
- Explain device virtualization technologies, covering virtual switching, virtual machine, and Hypervisor types One and Two;
- Verify and configure data path virtualization technologies, including GRE & IPsec tunneling and VRF;
- Explain the concepts of network virtualization, which entails VXLAN and LISP.
Infrastructure (30%) –here you will be evaluated based on a range of components, such as:
- Layer 2 and your skills in troubleshooting static & dynamic 802.1q trunking-protocols, static & dynamic EntherChannels;
- Layer 3 andthe comparison of routing concepts of OSPF and EIGRP,basic OSPF environments(multiple normal areas, filtering, and summarization),eBGPand directly linked neighbors (which include neighbor relationships and best path selection algorithm);
- Wireless technology and the concepts of Layer 1(including RF power, RSSI, SNR, band & channels, wireless client device capabilities, and interference noise). You will also need to explain antenna types and AP modes, troubleshoot wireless client connectivity problems and WLAN configuration, explain the major principles and utilize cases for Layer-2 & Layer-3 roaming, and explain access point discovery as well as join process (including WLC selection process and discovery algorithms);
- IP Services along with NTP (Network Time Protocol), NAT/PAT,multicast protocols(like IGMP v2/v3 and PIM), and hop redundancy protocols (like VRRP and HSRP).
Network Assurance (10%) – the candidate for Cisco 350-401 will be evaluated based on their ability to perform the following tasks:
- Diagnose network issues utilizing tools, such as debugs, trace route, conditional debugs, syslog, SNMP, and ping;
- Verify and configure device monitoring with the use of syslog designed for remote logging;
- Verify and configure NetFlow& Flexible NetFlow, RESTCONF and NETCONF, SPAN/ERSPAN/RSPAN, and IPSLA;
- Explain Cisco DNA Center workflows for the application of network configuration, management, and monitoring.
Security (20%) – this topic area measuresone’s ability to perform the following functions:
- Verify and configure device access control, covering authentication & authorization with the use of AAA, lines, password protection;
- Configure infrastructure security attributes, including CoPP and ACLs;
- Verify wireless security attributes, including WebAuth, EAP, and PSK;
- Explain REST API security;
- Define the elements of network security design. This covers threat defense, next-generation firewall, endpoint security, MACsec, TrustSec, and network access control.
Automation (15%) – thestudents will be tested based on their ability to carry out the following functions:
- Interpret fundamental Python scripts and components;
- Explain APIs for vManage and Cisco DNA Center;
- Create a legal JSON encoded file;
- Create EEM applet for the automation of configuration, data collection, or troubleshooting;
- Know the difference between agent and agentless orchestration tools,such asAnsible, SaltStack, Puppet, and Chef.
If you want to pass your Cisco 350-401 test at the first attempt, you should use the best study materials you can find. For example, Cisco offers its official training course, Implementing Cisco Enterprise Network Core Technologies,which is designed to help you understand all the exam objectives in detail. There are also other resources that you can explore in preparation for you certification test. For instance, ExamSnap is a great online platform with a wide range of prep tools designed to help you achieve success in any exam. You can add thepremium bundle with practice questions and a study guide from this website to increase your chance of success. The site also provides its learners with great video tutorials that can assist them in passing their 350-401 ENCOR with flying colors.