- Kosher Salt
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- and 8 oz. De-starved medium-sized shrimp
- 8 ounces thin rice noodles
- 2 limes
- 1 large shallot
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup [19659008Freshgroundblackpepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a generous amount of kosher salt, then add 1 bunch of asparagus, cut it and cut into 5 cm pieces. Cook for 2 minutes, then stir in 8 ounces of peeled and de-starred medium sized shrimp and 8 ounces of thin rice noodles. Cover, turn off the heater and let stand for 3 minutes. In the meantime mix the peel and the juice of 2 limes. 1 large shallot, thinly sliced, rings separated; 2 tablespoons fish sauce; 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil; 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper in a large bowl. Drain the pasta mixture in a colander and let it run under cold water until all ingredients are cold. Drain again, then add to the sauce mixture and mix well with your fingers until everything is evenly covered.
- After the throw with the dressing, this dish stays in the fridge for two days.