- One frozen puff pastry with 7 to 8 ounces (19659008)] 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion (14 ounces), finely chopped
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2-cup pitted olives, preferably a mixture of green and black, quartered
- 2 ounce feta, crumbled  1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons flat parsley
- Preparation of the oven at 425 degrees. Make half a sheet with parchment.
- Place the dough on the parchment. Roll into a 13 x 5 inch rectangle. Using a sharp vegetable knife, cut a 1/2-inch edge at the edges without cutting through the dough. Use a fork to push holes in the dough into the edge.
- Bake until golden brown and bloated, about 15 minutes. While the pastry is baking, heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the sweet onion and a generous pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until caramelized, translucent and tender for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the oven and lightly push down the puffed center in the rim with a spatula or fork. Spread the caramelized onion evenly over the flattened dough and top with olives and feta cheese.
- Bake until the dough is golden brown and the filling is hot (15 to 20 minutes). Season the top with the red onion, parsley and pepper. Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.