You have received another Lower Body workout to begin the second week of our New Year's Challenge which was developed by Leading Coach Alyssa Exposito for yourself. Today's training involves a staggered deadlift and we will not lie – it's a pretty technical step. So let's pull it together a bit.
You started this challenge with a good morning, which is great preparation to prepare for a deadlift. They use the same movement pattern and attack many of the same muscles. If at any point you feel uncomfortable performing a staggered deadlift, you can always do a good morning instead. (Return to Day 1
When doing any deadlift, focus on keeping your core moving all the way through and use Her glutes and hamstrings work. Do not allow your back to buckle or curve – if you feel less back strain during this movement, stop immediately. Hang your arms naturally and approach the shins as you lower yourself. Stop when your back is parallel to the ground. Keep your neck relaxed and shoulders away from your ears to make the most of this movement. And train it a few times without weight before adding the dumbbells.
Are you ready to get started? Do not forget your warm-up! Then look at the trains below.
Instructions: Do each exercise for 45 seconds, 15 seconds rest between exercises. At the end of each round you rest for 60-90 seconds.
Beginner: Do 2-3 rounds
Advanced: Make 3-5 rounds
Glute Bridge March
x 45 seconds
- Lean your legs on the floor with your bent feet Ground and heels a few inches away from your butt, so that your fingertips brush your heels when the arms are at your sides.
- Press the gluteal muscles, squeeze the core and lift your hips, keeping your knees close together. You lift off.
- Hold the raised position and march the right leg, then the left leg without dropping the hips.
Staggered Stand Lift
x 45 seconds on each side
- You & # 39; You need 2 dumbbells for this exercise. Stand with your right foot in front of your left foot as if you were about to leave. Your feet should be slightly offset – not as if you were standing on a tightrope. Hold both knees slightly bent and hold a dumbbell in each hand with the weights resting lightly against the front of your thighs.
- Hinges on your hips, and slide your butt backwards while leaning forward, and lower the weights with a plane to the ground back and dedicated core. Let your left heel (back heel) naturally lift during the descent.
- Keep your arms hanging very close to your foreleg – do not lift the weights off your body. Close your shoulder blades and squeeze them in the middle of your back. Do not let your back round. Only as far as the mobility of the thigh musculature allows.
- Hold your core and press your heels to get up. Keep the weights near your tibia as you sit up so that your thigh muscles and buttock muscles do the work.
- Hold up and squeeze your glutes.
- Repeat for 45 seconds with your right foot forward, then switch sides
x 45 seconds
- This exercise requires 1 or 2 dumbbells ,
- Stand apart with your feet spread apart. If you use 1 weight, hold the weight close to your body with both hands at chest height. If you use two dumbbells, hold one hand at each side.
- Return your hips and bend your knees to squat so that your knees can bend at least 90 degrees.
- Return to the starting position
Lunge with dumbbell
x 45 seconds on each side
- For this exercise you will need 1 or 2 dumbbells.
- Stand with your feet and core engaged. If you use two weights, your arms can stay at your sides. If you are using 1, keep the weight at chest level with both hands.
- Take a big step to the right with your right foot and bend your right knee immediately to make a lateral lunge Keep your left leg perfectly straight. If you use two weights, let your left hand gently step in front of your body while keeping the weight of your right hand by your side.
- Depress your right foot and return to the starting position.
- Repeat for 45 seconds on the same page and then on the other side.
Picture above: Photographer: Catherine Servel Brydges Mackinney. Hair: Tetsuya Yamakata at ArtList. Makeup: Seong Hee at the Julian Watson Agency. Manicure: Julie Kandalec at Bryan Bantry. Stylist: Sara Van Pée in the Quadriga. Model Mia Kang wears a short-sleeve satin puma top, $ 34, macys.com ; Nike Swoosh Wristbands, $ 7, dickssportinggoods.com .
Training images and gifs: Photographer: Katie Thompson . Hair: Jerome Cultrera at L & # 39; s Atelier. Makeup: Deanna Melluso at See Management. Stylist: Sara Van Pée in the Quadriga. Training images: fabletics bodice, similar styles fabletics.com ; Alala Score Seamless Tight, $ 54, alalastyle.com ; Women's Techloom Pro Gray, $ 140, athleticpropulsionlabs.com . Gifs: Alala Surf Bra, $ 85, alalastyle.com ; Takara legging with high collar in carbon 38, $ 109, carbon38.com ; APL Women's Techloom Breeze, $ 200, athleticpropulsionlabs.com .