Photo: Toni Paciello Loggia
These hearty breakfast tartlets (also called mini tartlets) are a really good reason to get out of bed. Beautiful and healthy, but satisfying, they will make your morning (and Instagram) shine. Choose cherry tomatoes, strawberries, yellow and green squash or asparagus toppings – or make some of them.
Pro Tip: If you want to save some time, you can do the preparations well the night before. (See also: These Mason Jar breakfasts are amazing for preparing meals.)
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 3 ounces of goat cheese
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- ] sea salt and fresh thyme (for cherry tartlets)
- honey and basil (for strawberry tartlets)
- sea salt and pepper (for pumpkin tart)
- lemon peel (for asparagus tartlets)
- Oven on 400 Preheat ° C ° F . Line baking tray with parchment. Roll 1 sheet of puff pastry (thawed, according to packing direction) on floured board. Cut 6 rounds with a 5-inch cookie cutter. Place on a baking tray and pierce holes with a fork, leaving half an inch each.
- In the food processor, you pulse goat cheese, egg yolks, milk, chives, thyme and salt and pepper until smooth. Distribute evenly over the inner circle of each tartlet. (Can be refrigerated the night before, bring to room temperature before adding toppings and baking.)
- Top tarts with one of the following combinations:
- Cherry Tomatoes: Halve and cut to pieces with the side cut up and down. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Strawberries: Wrapping and quartering and arranging petals in a concentric circular pattern.
- Yellow and Green Pumpkin: Produce thin strips with a vegetable peeler. Wrap yourself into tight turns and arrange them in a floral pattern. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Asparagus: Halve and center in flat rows. Drizzle with olive oil
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the dough is blown and golden brown. Remove from the oven and garnish the cherry tomato tartlets with sea salt and fresh thyme, the strawberry tarts with honey and basil, the squash tarts with sea salt and pepper and the asparagus tartlets with lemon peel. Serve warm or at room temperature.