Day 9 of the New Year's Challenge Hot! Welcome to your first day with a Tabata Burnout. If you do not know what Tabata training is, then you have something good!
Tabata and other similar training protocols are sometimes called High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). Trainers love this type of workout because they maximize time (they are short!) And are effective (you will build cardiovascular endurance and become stronger). But there is a catch: you need to make an effort to make it work. A Tabata is only four minutes long, but in the end you have to be breathless. When you get to this part of today's training, move as fast and as safely as possible, and remember that it's only four minutes ̵
Like all training sessions in this challenge, today's was created just for SELF by a top coach, Alyssa Exposito . Do not forget to make a warm-up and drink some water before you start!
Instructions: Perform each exercise for 45 seconds and rest for 15 seconds between exercises. At the end of each round you rest for 60-90 seconds.
Beginner: Do 2-3 rounds
Advanced: Make 3-5 Laps
x 45 seconds
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and core involved. Slide the hinge forward at the hips and place both hands on the floor.
- When holding the core in place and keeping your legs straight, advance your hands one at a time to get into a high plank position.
- Pull the right hand to tap the left shoulder Left hand to tap the right shoulder while pinching the core and keeping the hips as stable as possible.
- Walk with your hands to your feet and stand to return to the starting position.
Forearm plank with toggle
x 45 sec alternating sides
- Begin in a forearm plank position with the core locked in place and legs outstretched behind him.
- Knock your right knee gently on the ground with a firm core.
- Return to your starting position, then gently tap the floor with your left knee.
- Keep changing and focus on speed control.
x 45 seconds
- Grab a bench, a box or a sturdy chair for this move. Sit on the edge of the box and place both hands on your sides, with your fingers pointed at your body.
- Lift your hips a few inches from the box with your arms and advance a few inches.  While both your core and glutes are engaged, flex both elbows 90 degrees so that your hips fall to the floor. You can stay flat on your feet or just rest on your heels. In any case, should be very little weight in the feet.
- Pull both arms out to return to their starting position without sitting on the box. Repeat
At the end of each circuit, rest for 60 to 90 seconds. Do the entire circuit 2-5 times, then do the tabata burnout.
x 20 seconds
- From a high plank position with retracted core and hip height, slowly lower right forearm, making sure the hips remain calm.
- Lower the left forearm so that you arrive at a forearm plank position.
- Maintain an indented core, press the shoulder blades down and hold in a relaxed manner. Look with your fingertips to make sure there is no tension in the neck.
- Place your right hand directly under your shoulders on the floor, then your left hand, and push it up to return to a high plank position first on the left forearm.
Mini Flutter kick
x 20 seconds
- Lying down, legs outstretched. Your hands can be folded behind the head or folded under the back to protect the spine.
- Fold the core and lift the feet 6 inches from the ground. Step on and off with your feet and make quick, small movements.
- Concentrate on keeping the core continuous. If you have back pain, stop using this exercise immediately.
Picture above: Photographer: Catherine Servel Brydges Mackinney. Hair: Tetsuya Yamakata at ArtList. Makeup: Seong Hee at the Julian Watson Agency. Manicure: Julie Kandalec at Bryan Bantry. Stylist: Sara Van Pée in the Quadriga. Model Mia Kang Wears a Puma Satin Top with Relaxed Neckline, $ 34, macys.com ; Nike Swoosh Wristbands, $ 7, dickssportinggoods.com .
Training images and gifs: Photographer: Katie Thompson . Hair: Jerome Cultrera at L & # 39; s Atelier. Makeup: Deanna Melluso at See Management. Stylist: Sara Van Pée in the Quadriga. Training Images: Fabletics Shell, Similar Styles fabletics.com ; Alala Score Seamless Tight, $ 54, alalastyle.com ; Women's Techloom Pro Gray, $ 140, athleticpropulsionlabs.com . Gifs: Alala Surf Bra, $ 85, alalastyle.com ; Takara legging with high collar in carbon 38, $ 109, carbon38.com ; APL Women's Techloom Breeze, $ 200, athleticpropulsionlabs.com .