Here are some ayurvedic home remedies for flatulence, stomach pain and nausea after eating
Have you ever had the feeling that your stomach is severely stuffed or swollen ? after the meal? We tend to eat the right amount as usual, but still feel heavy from the inside; as if we were already full. This situation is called a feeling of fullness. The bloat can be caused by several factors. The accumulation of gasoline, constipation, overeating, weight gain, menstruation or possibly an infection are some of the causes that can cause a person's stomach to become bloated or swollen.
Flatulence can sometimes be painful. When the stomach fills with air (gas), we feel heavy and full and this gas causes imbalances in the body. There may be chest pain, hip pain, pain in the shoulders and much more. It should be taken seriously to eliminate the unpleasant pain.
Diagnosis and Treatment
READ: Ayurveda for Good Health: 5 Ayurvedic Practices to Try
A feeling of fullness can be prevented and avoided. If the condition is acute, certain home remedies can be followed to reduce the effects of the condition. However, if the disease persists for an extended period, professional help is suggested.
Ayurveda, an ancient medicine, has solutions to overcome the situation in the most natural way possible. Ayurveda says that our kitchen has the answer to all our health problems. According to this holistic science, Agni (Fire) is the source of life. Indigestion, flatulence, acid reflux or constipation – Ayurveda has secured and protected everything. The harmful foods that we ingest, the chemicals that enter the body do not properly digest the food, which in turn creates residues in the body known as "ama" (toxins). This aggravates the condition further and leads to conditions such as flatulence.
READ: How Tulsi Works as a Powerful Enhancer of Plant Immunity
Now let's see how ayurvedic remedies can help in the cure of bloating:
- Drinking warm water is one of the most basic remedy that helps in curing bloating. According to Ayurveda, warm water can not only inflate, but also free the stomach of other disturbing conditions. It helps to get rid of the residues and toxins in our body and allows our body to flush out the impurities.
- Ginger is a decoction of fennel seeds, which is also suitable for the healing of flatulence. 1 tbsp of fennel seed is roasted and then mixed with a cup of boiling water. After mixing, add a few slices of ginger. Drinking this mixture after a meal helps to smooth the swollen stomach.
- Asafoetida (Hing) is a miracle spice that is of great use in any type of stomach disorder. Boiling 100 g of Asafoetida with 200 ml of water immediately relieves the stomach. Powdered fennel seeds can be mixed together with this brew and the water must be boiled until it is no longer boiled to 100 ml.
- Ayurveda recommends eating seasonal fruits and vegetables regularly. This is not only important for the environment but also helps with digestion. Our body needs to be treated depending on the weather.
- Adding turmeric to our diet can be of great help to help the stomach to deflate. It has a healing effect and protects the liver and digestive tract.
Ayurveda naturally helps the human mind and body to achieve a perfect and healthy regime. Follow Ayurveda and let your senses breathe in the midst of nature.
(Contributed by Abhilash K Rames, he is Executive Director of the Kairali Ayurvedic Group)
Read more Articles on Ayurveda
Written by Tavishi Dogra
Source: Onlymyhealth Editorial Team 06. July 2019