- 1 1/2 cups of wheat berries
- 1 tablespoon of ground coriander
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved (2 cups)
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 / 4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro and leaves for garnish
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- Combine The wheat berries, the coriander and a teaspoon of salt in a large pot. Add cold water to cover the wheat berries with 1 inch (about 3 cups), then bring to a boil on a high heat. Cover, reduce the heat to maintain a steady boiling, and cook with occasional stirring for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until soft.
- Place the red onion, the vinegar and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Stir well and let rest for 5 minutes. Drop the wheat berries if there is still water in the saucepan and put them in the bowl. Stir well until it cools to room temperature.
- Add tomatoes, celery, chopped cilantro and 3 tablespoons of oil. Wrinkles until evenly coated. Season with salt.
- Mix the eggs with a fork in a bowl until they are thick. Add the chia seeds and beat until they are distributed.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon oil in a medium non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the avocado and cook with occasional stirring until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the egg mixture, reduce the heat to medium, and cook until the dough is solid but still creamy, 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon wheat berries on the plate; upstairs with eggs. Garnish with coriander.