Air fryers work by having a fan with a heating element on the top and a basket on the bottom that pulls out like a drawer. The unit blows heat into the air fryer, which makes the outer surface of the food crispy. What is the difference to deep frying? Deep frying is made of oil that is applied around your food, and the frying heat causes heavy oxidation, which really removes all the nutrients your food would have before. The oxidized oil is also known as a leading factor in heart disease. Roast meat cooks your food evenly and blows hot air without oil into the appliance. We love roast potatoes, sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and even empanadas. Our air fryer has played a big part in making our herbal lifestyle feel like we're enjoying it, but still eating a healthy diet.
Here's one of my favorite recipes for Air Fries:
Cauliflower with bite
- 1 cup of unsweetened nutmeg
- 1 cup of oatmeal (I have powdered oatmeal in my blender to make a flour)
- 2 Whole wheat bread crumbs  Hot Sauce
- Preheat Air Fryer to 350 degrees
- Cut the cauliflower into the size you need for your "wing".
- Mix the mother's milk and flour until it resembles a pancake mix.
- Add the cauliflower to the dough and brush the wing with bread crumbs.
- Lay the wing on a piece of parchment paper.
- ] Take out the wings and put out the hot sauce of your choice.
- Then 10 minutes of air frying.
The post air-fried a healthier alternative first appeared on Total Gym Pulse.