According to the World Health Organization (WHO), nearly 8,000,000 people die each year from suicide. One of the main causes of suicide is depression. Suicide is not something you have chosen, but something that happens when you can not cope with the pain. Whoever suicides you, help them without judging them. You need your support, not your dislike.
However, you can only help them if you know the risk factors themselves. Continue reading to save your loved ones.
Warning signs for suicide
- Sleep Disorders
- A deep sense of hopelessness for the future
- Mood swings and unexpected rage
- Sudden rest after a period of depression
- All social activities are avoided and avoiding friends , including loss of interest in everyday activities
- Dangerous behavior, such as excessive use of drugs, reckless driving, etc.
- A serious life crisis, including the death of a loved one, a bad relationship, serious illness, serious financial problems, etc.
- To give away their belongings as a token of appreciation, friendship, and love
- Mention that they will end their lives or threaten suicide. Do not take their threats lightly and ignore the warnings
- Significant weight change of the person
- Speaking or moving at unusual speed
- Energy loss or fatigue
- Loss of concentration
- Guilt and worthlessness
How can You help someone who is suicidal?
It can be uncomfortable for someone you know to be suicidal. After recognizing the signs, you can help them by:
- encouraging them to talk about their feelings
- to encourage them to seek professional help
- that provides emotional and mental support
- to help them think of ideas that will help them
- With care and compassionate handling
- they have not left alone to deal with their problems
There are sometimes misconceptions that people have about suicides. Some of them are:
- People who talk about suicide will not do this
- People who think of suicide are crazy, helpless.
- If someone thinks of suicide, there's nothing you can do about it.
- People who are suicidal do not seek help.
- When they talk about the subject, they are only asked to.
- Someone who is suicidal will commit suicide, no matter how much you tell him otherwise
- Member committed suicide, then you can not help them
- He / she has to suffer from a mental disorder  If you ask, the thought will continue.
People who suffer from depression often mention suicide, but do not ignore it. In general, people who suffer from depression, not only in a few days, but those thoughts are accumulating in the head.
Read more articles about mental health.
For more related articles, download the OnlymyHealth App.