By Leta Shy, FitSugar
I love my gym for many reasons: It adds structure to my workouts and motivates me, the selection of classes is amazing and the people – both coaches and members – This can be very inspiring But I know that gym membership is often not the most cost effective way to get fit and not for everyone. Are you wasting your money? Here are five signs that it may be time to terminate your gym membership.
- They're Better Outside: The idea of being in confined spaces scares you – and then skip – your training, but you keep the membership in the gym "just in case". Some people find training in the gym boring. So if you are one of them, you will be creative outdoors. Even if you are not a runner, you can still perform an effective workout outside. Find an open space where you can complete your lap training, invest in a bike, or take your yoga mat and find an inspiring place to stretch.
- You only use one device: Take a look at your device Fitness training. Are you just stepping up the treadmill and going? If you do not use the tuition or equipment of your fitness center or ask the trainers for help, you can lose your money. Instead of paying $ 50 a month to use a treadmill, you can save the money to buy a fitness machine for your home, or run or go outside.
- You're wasting time once you're there: The hardest part of training may be to get there, but that should not be the part of your workout that burns the most calories. Whether you think the gym is not inspiring, or if you use it as a social hour to meet with friends. Once you start training, you waste your money along with your time. Check out your workouts in the gym; If you can not find any kind of exercise in the gym that inspires you, try something different.
- They also belong to a studio: You have a popular yoga, Pilates, or Barre studio that you too can exploit. In addition to your gym membership, you can spend a few hundred or a thousand dollars Save fitness fees per year. If you're a studio rat but have not been so excited about your gym for some time, it may be time to quit your membership. Instead of feeling obliged to go to the gym, you'll find creative ways to supplement your studio with these low-end training tips.
- You already have the equipment: Important things for the home can be cheap And if you have just a few basics, you can get fit at any time of the day. Of course, exercising at home depends on a number of factors, such as whether you're staying or whether you're waking up your entire apartment complex, but if you have everything you need at home, why waste all that money on it? Membership in the gym?
Of course, the biggest sign is that you should quit your gym membership if you never go! Have you canceled a fitness membership for any of these reasons?
Weather Forecast for Spring: Gain Weight?
5 signs you waste at the gym
Sweaty Etiquette: Where do you draw the line?