The great thing about running is that almost anyone can do it anywhere. As temperatures in the US get hotter, it's a good time to join in and come out.
There are a few things that can help you leave the door. A pair of running shoes for starters. Even if the miles in the morning and the sprint campaigns on your own are fun, a race on the calendar can be an excellent motivation to keep up with your new sweaty habit.
Are you ready for a workout, but do not know where to start? We signed up with four great coaches to give us the lowest benchmark training for a wide range of distances: kilometers, 5km, half marathon and marathon. With these running exercises in your pocket, you can get to the start line in no time ̵
Race: One Mile or One Sprint
Your Trainer: Cooper Man, Precision Running Trainer at Equinox
If you're training for a fast race or overall speed, you want to incorporate three different types of runs into the course from a typical one Week says man, everyone has their own purpose.
- Simple runs: These runs are about 30 to 45 minutes long for entertainment and fun, they should feel good.
- Interval Run: Interval runs Designed to increase your upper limit, they will help you to improve your top speed "These short bursts would be much faster than what your actual 1-mile step would be," he says. "If my 100 percent effort makes me faster, then my 80 percent effort will be faster. When you travel a mile, a person can easily hold 80% or more effort for that distance.
- Tempo Run: These will help you learn how to maintain an uncomfortable speed. It's slower than your sprint speed, but faster than a mile. "Speed bumps help a runner to develop his / her abilities to keep pace, build endurance, and feel uncomfortable."
Here, Mann offers two example tempo and interval runs, ideal for the person in charge of a fast race trained. For each run, he recommends both half a mile warm-up (to increase cardiovascular capacity) and half a mile cooling.
Interval Run One
- 200m sprints x 10 with a 60 second recovery
Man says: "If you have no way measure the distance and shoot for 20 to 30 seconds of hard effort. "
Interval Run Two
- 400m Sprints x 5, with 2-Minute Recovery
Tempo Run One
- 3 minutes at Fast 5K-Speed x 4 with a 2-minute recovery
Tempo Run Two
- 5 minutes with fast 5K increments x 3, with a 3-minute recovery